Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Just come back from a weekend at flamingo land near Pickering in Yorks.A great weekend for those of you with kids or even if your young at heart! Free unlimited access to park and zoo included in price of pitch (off season only)
There's also an indoor pool and evening entertainment
Anyway back to the point,there were 5 of us in the van and by morning there was heavy condensation on the windows and on the roof of the over cab bed where drips had fallen onto duvets.at the risk of sounding a bit dim what causes this and how do you solve the problem,if you can.

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 roof vents were open albeit not fully.So is the answer to open more and turn heating up.What about on Rainy nights will water not get in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It is worth checking all gas drop holes are actually still holes and that door/fridge etc vents are still vents and have not been blocked off inside !! ( as some of ours were )

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
The silver screen and webasto diesel heating seem to keep the condensation at bay when were all in the MH . Thats 5 people and 2 dogs. We dont open any windows BTW.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
It happens when warmer humid air is next to a cold surface, can also occur outside too, it's called dew.

Craig

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
g8ysn

:ROFLMAO:plenty of ventilation [ all windows on 1st catch,]:Eeek: heating left on 2/3 sleep in birthday suit never had any issues:shout:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
The colder and stiller the night the greater the problem. As others have said, warm moisture laden air coming in contact with a cold surface - such as windscreen glass/cab windows. How insulated is the skin of the overcab? May that be a problem?

Surely sleeping with heating on won't solve it? The warmer the internal air the greater amount of moisture the air can hold - the greater the condensation. But maybe the fan in the heater helps on the ventilation front.

Wholly agree ventilation is the answer.

Steve

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Got to assume the insulation is sufficient as its a well known manufacturer and the temp was not below zero.There is a blown air system in the van but she who should be obeyed objects to the noise.Come to think about its her who moans about being cold,did someone say if I could stop her breathing that would solve the problem ?:Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Each person breathes out about 2 pints of water per night, ventilation/heat is the answer.The water hits the cold spots ie windows, either vent or turn heating up::bigsmile:or stop breathing
Terry:Smile:

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi . If you have water dripping of the ceiling over the beds, I sujest that the insulation value in the roof is inadiquate, especialy if you had the roof vents open a little.
PK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back