Condensation on the windscreen (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well, we've bought a Karcher window cleaning vacuum thingy, the no 70 model? Hubby got it from Karcher direct for £50 including delivery with 2 sets of spare blades - its a 'manufacturer return' one with 6 months warranty although you can pay around £4 to get it with a 12 month warranty. It arrived today and hubby was all excited but unfortunately they'd forgot to include the extra blades! (n) I've told him he can't "play" with it in case they send a replacement so want it back!:rolleyes:

We're going to use it at home and in the static caravan too, and will take it away for use in the camper too for when we are wild camping so can't use the external screens. :)
That's a bargain price, forgot they sold direct too:)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Well, we've bought a Karcher window cleaning vacuum thingy, the no 70 model? Hubby got it from Karcher direct for £50 including delivery with 2 sets of spare blades - its a 'manufacturer return' one with 6 months warranty although you can pay around £4 to get it with a 12 month warranty. It arrived today and hubby was all excited but unfortunately they'd forgot to include the extra blades! (n) I've told him he can't "play" with it in case they send a replacement so want it back!:rolleyes:

We're going to use it at home and in the static caravan too, and will take it away for use in the camper too for when we are wild camping so can't use the external screens. :)

let him play, even if they want it back they will not complain if it is more used

best to use on a sunny day to clean windows, those days where doing it the old fashioned way was a nightmare, you will love it

do you have the cleaner applier as well? that does seem to make a difference to home windows and brilliant on a dirty interior windscreen, car or MH

have fun, but do let him play and no fighting over who's turn it is :D

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I just use a mix of white vinegar, few drops of fairy and hot water in a spray bottle(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
let him play, even if they want it back they will not complain if it is more used

best to use on a sunny day to clean windows, those days where doing it the old fashioned way was a nightmare, you will love it

do you have the cleaner applier as well? that does seem to make a difference to home windows and brilliant on a dirty interior windscreen, car or MH

have fun, but do let him play and no fighting over who's turn it is :D
As far as I know he got 2 different sizes of blades, a bottle with a microfibre head on it and some cleaning solution too.

I'll see how long he can last before he just HAS to have a play with it ... won't be long I'm sure! :D

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Yes, we'd like external blinds, they're on our wish list as we intend using the van all year. Added benefit with the karcher is you get to use it at home when not in the van. Cannot believe how quick window cleaning is (does take a bit of getting the right technique), also use ours after showering - just hoovers up the water and leaves the cubicle dry(y)

How do you manage that, isn't it a bit awkward on the sticky out bits? :cautious: :giggle:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We still have the two 'Jaws' microfibre cloths we bought off him for the bike.

The pale blue one bought in 2002 and used several times a week for years is still fully operational, but a bit stained (possibly oil etc from washing the bikes and/or cars) and generally grubby looking, so we treated ourselves to another off him a year or two later at a Bash, it's dark green and when we got the motorhome in 2009 it lived in that one, and the Pilote after that, folded neatly and refolded after use and wringing out, in a good quality polythene bag, in Pete's door pocket ever since.

Bloody fantastic. Never seen anything else resembling them here, ever.

(Ah Jaws - do you ever see Florida John these days? Is he still importing the sunshine for the Bashes?)

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
We use a PROPER microfibre cloth. ;)
Hard to get in the UK though.. Just about every so called Microfibre cloth product I have seen in and around the UK for the past 5 years or so are just knock offs**
The proper ones are made by a firm in the US of A called Sonny's (Broken Link Removed )

I used to sell them on the web site and still have a pack of them :)

I often grin when I read stuff like 'I bought a pack of the cloths and do not understand what all the fuss is about, they are not very good'
Then you find out they paid less than a fiver for a pack of several of them, and expect the things to be as good as the genuine article !!
The real ones retail at anywhere from £4.00 to £8.50 each..

Agree, I bought fab ones at an ideal home show and have never found them again :-( Huge difference between these and the imposter cloths

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We still have the two 'Jaws' microfibre cloths we bought off him for the bike.

The pale blue one bought in 2002 and used several times a week for years is still fully operational, but a bit stained (possibly oil etc from washing the bikes and/or cars) and generally grubby looking, so we treated ourselves to another off him a year or two later at a Bash, it's dark green and when we got the motorhome in 2009 it lived in that one, and the Pilote after that, folded neatly and refolded after use and wringing out, in a good quality polythene bag, in Pete's door pocket ever since.

Bloody fantastic. Never seen anything else resembling them here, ever.

(Ah Jaws - do you ever see Florida John these days? Is he still importing the sunshine for the Bashes?)

Do not see him as such though he did come over for a Bash about 4 years ago.. And yes, he managed to sneak in some Florida sunshine AND a 2 lb tub of the USA's finest peanut butter !!

Still in regular contact with him.. He is now working in a motorcycle dealership .. Sort of sales expediter

You go look for a bike.. it is his job to chat to you, find out exactly what you want and need, and then make suggestions before handing you on to a sales guy..
Really good idea................

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
The Karcher thingy looks brilliant & B&Q seems to be the best price so far, esp. Wednesdays (y)!! Can it be used "upside down" to get to the bottom of the windscreen? Thanks,

Chris

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Bought one of these, does a good job

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
WATCH OUT CONDENSATION, thanks for all the advice, I have already got a Karcher, from SWMBO , for home, and have just ordered an external cover from John Cross, including my discount...

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The Karcher thingy looks brilliant & B&Q seems to be the best price so far, esp. Wednesdays (y)!! Can it be used "upside down" to get to the bottom of the windscreen? Thanks,

Chris

definitely no, but as suggested do the bottom while it is still virtually empty and you should be OK

if not you will do as I have done and spray most of what you have collected all over the dash and you :)(y)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)

Chris

definitely no, but as suggested do the bottom while it is still virtually empty and you should be OK

if not you will do as I have done and spray most of what you have collected all over the dash and you :)(y)

I would say a heavily qualified 'Yes'. David is correct - it very quickly turns into an effective power shower unless you are very careful!:oops:

The trick is to start with it empty, turn it upside down, turn it on & do just the bottom of the screen. Don't do any part of the screen you can reach with it the right way up. Do about half the screen width, then turn it off while still upside down. Then empty it. Repeat for the rest of the screen you can only reach with it upside down.

If you let it get much water in it or if you try turning it over while it's running, you will get a soaking. It probably doesn't do the machine much good either.

Do as much as you can with it the right way up. You can also turn it sideways, but once again, only with a small amount of water in the collection reservoir.

It's a shame it doesn't like being upside down. There are some windows in the house that would be much easier with it upside down & it's completely impossible to do the corner of the shower without at least turning it sideways.

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
I would say a heavily qualified 'Yes'. David is correct - it very quickly turns into an effective power shower unless you are very careful!:oops:

The trick is to start with it empty, turn it upside down, turn it on & do just the bottom of the screen. Don't do any part of the screen you can reach with it the right way up. Do about half the screen width, then turn it off while still upside down. Then empty it. Repeat for the rest of the screen you can only reach with it upside down.

If you let it get much water in it or if you try turning it over while it's running, you will get a soaking. It probably doesn't do the machine much good either.

Do as much as you can with it the right way up. You can also turn it sideways, but once again, only with a small amount of water in the collection reservoir.

It's a shame it doesn't like being upside down. There are some windows in the house that would be much easier with it upside down & it's completely impossible to do the corner of the shower without at least turning it sideways.

Thanks! (y)(y)(y)

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
I find it easier to try to prevent the condensation in the first place

Use a couple of these on the dashboard when connected to a EHU. creates a warm air curtain up the front, so no cold draughts and little or no condensation on the screen.

Broken Link Removed

And at 120w only takes about 0.5A

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
XXXXXXXX As good as this gadget is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guys - please do not think that you've found your oh the perfect Christmas pressie ! :p:p:p

(Unless it's on her list )

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

Use a couple of these on the dashboard when connected to a EHU. creates a warm air curtain up the front, so no cold draughts and little or no condensation on the screen.

Broken Link Removed

What do you use when not on EHU?

Regards,

Jock.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp

Broken Link Removed

I'm rubbish at this.. surely that would run ok through an I inverter.. someone tell me if I'm being silly.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'm rubbish at this.. surely that would run ok through an I inverter.. someone tell me if I'm being silly.

You're being silly.

Sorry couldn't resist but seriously unless you have loads and loads of battery it will take too much out running the inverter 24/7.

We have just started using an outside thermal screen and it certainly does the business.

We have a Silverline window vac from Lidl and according to the friends I have loned it to it works very well on their non insulated windscreen.

PS I started typing before Dazzlin's post. Honest.

Martin

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
This is the though.. so if it runs at 0.5a then an 85ah battery will run it for hours .. I know the inverter is inneficient....

I so need a physics gcse

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well, hubby got a message from Karcher yesterday via email to say they were sending him out the missing parts immediately and apologised for them being missing in the first place soooooo .... obviously he just HAD to have a play with it and loved it (little things amuse!!!! ).

He used it this morning in the conservatory and then let me use it on our bedroom window which had a bit of condensation at the bottom - I had warned him about the problem with turning it upside down with some fluid in it but as I was only using it on the window with a uPVC windowsill below it I wasn't worried about it leaking, so used it sideways and upside down and it did NOT leak at all ... not a single drop... whether this was a fluke or they have improved the vac so it doesn't do it now I don't know, but regardless it's a brilliant bit of kit!

If you want to get one 'cheap' from Karcher don't bother signing up for their email notification of when they are back in stock as by the time you get it they'll be sold out again! The best bet is to check it each morning as early as you can, when hubby looked for one out of 6 there was only 1 left ... that was at 8.00 am!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well I am baffled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a look at this !

Broken Link Removed

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Well I am baffled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a look at this !

Broken Link Removed

its even more odd now that ebay list similar items at the bottom of the page you are looking at

I suspect there is a bit of ebay warfare going on, cant see the sale goimg through somehow

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you look at who has bid it gets even weirder !

One person ( with zero feedback and obviously a silly little t055er )has bid it right up ( 13 bids ) and then someone else ( with good feedback ) has gone even higher !!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision

One person has bid it right up ( 13 bids ) and then someone else ( with good feedback ) has gone even higher !!
Will you be able to tell if the sale actually completes?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

One person ( with zero feedback and obviously a silly little t055er )has bid it right up ( 13 bids ) and then someone else ( with good feedback ) has gone even higher !!

John you need to get a job, you've obviously got far too much time on your hands :LOL:

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Anyway, I am pleased that my post has created so much interest....as posted this morning, I ordered the external screen from John Cross, within 90 mins I had an email confirming it has been dispatched and it will be delivered tomorrow. GREAT service.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back