Condensation inside of the cab windows. Would this cure it? (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thoughts please. The one thing I wish motorhome manufactures would do, is to connect the habitation heating system to the cab vents. Our motorhome, like the majority, has blow air heating, with ducting, and outlets throughout the vehicle. I've thought about connecting a piece of tubing from the habitation heating vent outlet, behind the passenger seat, to the cab heater vent by the passenger foot-well. My theory is, the heat from the habitation area would then circulate through the cab vents, and therefore reduce the condensation on the cab windows. The only problem is the outlet vent I would need to use is the one that heats the dog's bed, and I may have a disgruntled dog. That aside, has anyone connected the two heating systems together, with the cab vents connected to the habitation vents, and if so, does it work?

Lucky dog,,i don't even get my bed heated...BUSBY:):)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just got back from picking up my our Hymer and staying away for a couple of nights to make sure it all worked, and read this thread with interest. Ours has the Alde heating and sure enough we have a couple of convectors at the very front of the dashboard between the blinds and the screen. The weather was pretty cold wet and miserable both nights but we were toasty warm, with the heating on all night, just turned down.

But we still had condensation in the morning, even after running the heating at a higher temperature for a couple of hours in the morning. So I am not sure that just buying a Hymer will solve your condensation problems. We happen to have Hymer's own external screen with the motorhome but never used it.

On the way back home we popped into Mike B and Dawn B's place to say hello. After all 4 of us had been in the motorhome for about 20 minutes it was all misted up again, so they they loaned us their Kracher window vac to try. Result is that I have been instructed to buy one by the management.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Nothing to do with condensation, but our latest aquisition for the MH is an electric blanket. Only draws 5A from the batteries running on inverter.
But 5A constant drain would take 40Ahr from your battery over an 8hrs. period. Thats a lot to recover each day

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Like Kelso, we use external silver screens on the rare occasion we are on a campsite and just internals when not.
I do however keep them on when the van is stood up at the top of the garden. Never get 'condescension'.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Did not want to go down the exterior screen cover route, if possible. I see so many motorhomers pitch up, and then out with the exterior screen cover, blocking any view from the cab. We like to sit with our cup of tea and watch the world outside (and, perhaps wondering why others want to sit in such a dark motorhome). Thought about the Hymer route, but their range did not tick all the boxes, plus having had a Hymer caravan which had a lot of niggling problems did not want to repeat that experience. For the odd times we do get condensation it looks as though it will be the micro fiber cloth still, and as I said in my introduction "wallet is still firmly closed on the extras/options front".

Ahhh but Hymer b534 rear lounge , front screen on, sitting around the rear lounge what a view,even on the ski slopes watching the world go by or a young ninja learning.

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Put the Dogs bed in the cab. don't be a whimp!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
But 5A constant drain would take 40Ahr from your battery over an 8hrs. period. Thats a lot to recover each day

Normally would only be on for an hour or less to warm the bed up, but even if on all night it would only take a few hours of sunshine (400w solar) or a drive to recharge.

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Spent the weekend away in the Lakes this weekend.

I have to say that the £1 dehumidifier tub from Tesco worked a treat!

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
The condensation comes from the occupants of the van while asleep and also from cooking. Putting external screens on will not change the source of the trouble but will spoil the view from the cab. If you fit external screens in the morning your windscreen will be free of condensation but all that moisture will be in the soft furnishings of the van. Forget the screens, keep the van well ventilated and enjoy the view,

The Tincas

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
If you have Cab Air-con, running it for the first few minutes as well as full heat gets rid of most of the Condensation, very quickly.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back