Condensation in overcab locker

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by spotsy, Jul 18, 2011.

1. spotsy

spotsy Read Only Funster

Hi,
    Does anyone out there no of a product/method to stop condensation forming on the inside roof of my recenly aquired Boxer van conversion.Any advice much appreciated.
    Brian

2. dshague

dshague Funster

3. aba

aba

hi i take it its just painted metal from your question.
    you could cure this simply by glueing polystyrene celling tiles onto the inside of the roof although this is a crude way of doing it.

any sort of insulation material will combat this problem although the thicker the better.
    someone else may be able to advise further and maybe recommend a more suitable material possibly kingspan available from builders merchants.

4. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

If it is the walls especially the outer or ceiling...

A small bit of Corded carpet from any carpet supplier (Off Cut)...

Cut it to fit nice and snug and buy from B&Q or carpet supplier an aerosol of "Stikatak" Super spray Adhesive.... It`s what the trade use to stick the edges of carpets down on wood/concrete/laminate when no underfelt is used...

Make sure the walls are as dry as a bone. and only use when well ventilated...

I used loads of it on the cabins of the last Fishing boat I built which was used on Fibreglass hull... Nowt more suseptical than a boat in water for attracting condensation.. and it worked a treat..:thumb:

5. spotsy

spotsy Read Only Funster

Thanks for suggestions, going to B&Q tomorrow see whats on offer and I've got plenty of carpet bits as well. Watch this space, Cheers

6. spotsy

spotsy Read Only Funster

Condensation in overcab locker.

Hello again, well after much neck and arms twisting, sticky fingers I got the job done used radiator reflector and works a treat. Thanks to all concerned.:thumb:

7. artona

artona

I have lined mine with high density 2 inch foam. The condensation comes from the warmth of the van hitting cold metal