Concorde Charisma CoC - Desperate plea (1 Viewer)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
and the protectionist French will make it as hard as possible for you to register it in their country

not at all - the only real difficulty has been obtaining a CoC - and none of the manufacturers has been French.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
How about looking on Mobile.de for a Concorde Charisma for sale in Europe.
Contact the seller and tell them you need to see a copy of the CoC before viewing the van.
Would that work?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
duplicate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Given some of the apparent French fonctionnaire resistance I would be surprised if a CoC from a different vehicle would be acceptable; although generic content will be the same the CoC is specific to VIN quoted on the document so a different VIN would create merry hell I would suggest? I suspect our VCA would reject the application.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
My memory is not as good as I would wish but I thought that my CoCs were vehicle specific, (even more important for something as infinitely variable as a MH).

How about looking on Mobile.de for a Concorde Charisma for sale in Europe.
Contact the seller and tell them you need to see a copy of the CoC before viewing the van.
Would that work?

I don't see why the seller would have one, I don't have them for any of our vehicles, nor I suspect do you - unless the vehicle is un-registered of course.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
My memory is not as good as I would wish but I thought that my CoCs were vehicle specific, (even more important for something as infinitely variable as a MH).

I don't see why the seller would have one, I don't have them for any of our vehicles, nor I suspect do you - unless the vehicle is un-registered of course.
We got a CoC as part of our owners pack

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I think they are vehicle specific.
My hymer one is 2 sides of a4 with lots of numbers and Vin number.
It looks like it's also designed so it can't be copied like a watermark.

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
We are heading towards the Lot et Garonne....we are planning to buy a house there as soon as we can sell our house here in Cumbria. The housing market has gone a bit flat here at the moment after Brexit but we've had a few people looking round. We will come over to France anyway in October for a couple of months and leave the estate agent to show people round.
No word back from Russel at Southdowns yet.
It is rather nice down there, Lot and Garonne is superb...good choice! Peter, Can I pick your brains on your Concorde please.....what tyres are you running. My van came with Pirelli CityNets, 225/75 16s and I really don't like then. Need look for something more suitable as these are designed like old crossplys or truck steering axle, they give very little grip. And now with just 17000 miles on them they are cracking nicely on the walls. So before we head off for winter we will swap them.

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
It is rather nice down there, Lot and Garonne is superb...good choice! Peter, Can I pick your brains on your Concorde please.....what tyres are you running. My van came with Pirelli CityNets, 225/75 16s and I really don't like then. Need look for something more suitable as these are designed like old crossplys or truck steering axle, they give very little grip. And now with just 17000 miles on them they are cracking nicely on the walls. So before we head off for winter we will swap them.

Yes ...we have a few friends in the Lot et Garonne now and it's a lovely bit of the world.
The tyres are Vanco Four Seasons Continentals 225/75 R 16's. Touch wood they seem fine. Can't see any cracks on any of them. They are the originals on a 2012 chassis so may need to be replaced in the not to distant future....the numbers on the tyres..3410..indicate I think that they were made in 2010. We now have 16,300 miles on the clock, most of which we put on after buying it second hand last year.
I saw on a thread somewhere that a concorde owner had his spare cradle lowered and greased at each service, when the vehicle was on the lift....seems like a good idea.
Are you off to Spain for the winter?

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
Yes ...we have a few friends in the Lot et Garonne now and it's a lovely bit of the world.
The tyres are Vanco Four Seasons Continentals 225/75 R 16's. Touch wood they seem fine. Can't see any cracks on any of them. They are the originals on a 2012 chassis so may need to be replaced in the not to distant future....the numbers on the tyres..3410..indicate I think that they were made in 2010. We now have 16,300 miles on the clock, most of which we put on after buying it second hand last year.
I saw on a thread somewhere that a concorde owner had his spare cradle lowered and greased at each service, when the vehicle was on the lift....seems like a good idea.
Are you off to Spain for the winter?
Must admit that was the choice of tyre for me, a four seasons should give a reasonable grip for wet grass, and I hope its will be ok in sand as January we are heading to Morocco!
My van when I bought it early last year had all of 9k on the clock, not bad for a Dec 2006, but then that makes the tyres over 10 years old....time to have some new ones! I have been contemplating overhauling the tyre carrier...not such a bad idea for when you need it! So yes off down to Spain early September, this time via Portugal just have a quick look. The back up here to check the house over and do any maintenance that needs doing, then quickly back to Cartagena for Christmas...we are really not liking winters these days! Getting soft in our old age

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
We plan to head towards Cartagena after Christmas ....we found a good site there this winter called Camping Mar Menor. It is about 20 miles north of Cartagena, on the beach and next to the HQ of the Spanish air force equivalent of the Red Arrows...air displays over the site two or three times a week. Not everyones cup of tea but we loved it.

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
We plan to head towards Cartagena after Christmas ....we found a good site there this winter called Camping Mar Menor. It is about 20 miles north of Cartagena, on the beach and next to the HQ of the Spanish air force equivalent of the Red Arrows...air displays over the site two or three times a week. Not everyones cup of tea but we loved it.
Know it well. A couple of years ago we met up with some friends and parked up on the free parking at the south end of the runway...had a couple of days there just watching the Patrulla Àuuila practicing. Low pass with a 300 sense you could clearly photograph the rivets! OH well, we will keep an eye out or you! Hopefully by then we might have French plates !

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Any luck with the certificate of conformity?
I didn't hear back from Russell Ayling and have 'phoned sales at Southdowns today; they have promised to get back to me.

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
I didn't hear back from Russell Ayling and have 'phoned sales at Southdowns today; they have promised to get back to me.
Hi Peter

As your message came in I'm just sitting here completing a registration request!! Opale-Evasion came back to me with a copy...but I did have to go to Helene Flament who is the owner. She, unlike the member of staff I have talked to was so helpful. I think Ben had already pre warned her that I was going to call as he and I had discussed my little problems of customer service at Opale Lille distributors ! I got confirmation back yesterday from DRIRE that they would accept the CoC copy and they have directed me directly to the Prefecture. Ill will be taking copies of all the email correspondence with DRIRE telling me I've got all I need now..Knowing what they are like I will be ready! SO off early tomorrow morning after a hearty breakfast prepared for a long morning! lol Thank for trying Southdowns and we hope bump into you somewhere on route

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have had the same problems trying to communicate with Southdowns and that was for information on a new Charisma.

I got my questions answered straight away by a dealer in Germany.

Martin

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Russell got back to me today offering to help, after his Summer break, but in the interim the sales dept have ordered a certificate of conformity for our Charisma from the factory in Germany...So all is well.

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Southdowns have emailed me through a pdf of the COC...dated back in 2011 when the beast was built and with correct VIN etc....typical Germanic efficiency. I'm thinking, from reading through various posts, that a printed out pdf, as opposed to an original document, will suffice? Any one had a different experience?
Thanks to Southdowns for good post sale customer care.

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
Southdowns have emailed me through a pdf of the COC...dated back in 2011 when the beast was built and with correct VIN etc....typical Germanic efficiency. I'm thinking, from reading through various posts, that a printed out pdf, as opposed to an original document, will suffice? Any one had a different experience?
Thanks to Southdowns for good post sale customer care.
Hi Peter

Well a bit of an update. We managed to get an "Example" CoC and we were advised by DRIRE to go directly to the Prefecture in our region as they should simply accept it as we had a covering letter stating our vehicle was identical. So off we went. All we got was No No NO! the UK log book doesn't have all the relevant information present! Its not an ORIGINAL CoC.... and its a vehicle form the UK! so eventually got to speak to the head of department who said he would put the proposal to the Minister of Transport for the region, but there were no guarantees. We paid the registration fee and were then told we would have to now make a second application for a temporary Carte Gris. This would only be for 1 month! We were then told they may revoke the CG...our question was if that happens what next...all we got was the usual shrug! He said would could always pay for just one second "one month CG" for anther 50 euro! God the paperwork here is so frustrating. Seriously considering going and buying a Morello or Vario-Mobil.

The fun of life in France LOL!

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Effin frogs springs to mind!

Talk about negativity!

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
Thanks to everyone who tried to help out with this nightmare....as of this morning, by a complete fluke of luck, and the head of the department being on holiday....ive had the paperwork approved by a really nice lady at the prefecture despite the place being officially closed! The wonders of France... So now have yet another registration number, and the new registration document will be with us by courier tomorrow! They even accepted the 7.2t upgrade... Now Caroline can carry all the clothes she wants...and we can still run full of water if needed

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@Concorde. Although I couldn't contribute helpfully in any way, I have been following your thread with interest, wondering what are they going to do, if the French flatly refused to accept the evidence. :eek:

I am please that the bureaucratic nightmare is over for you. (y) If it's any consolation, we don't seem to fair very well back home, with DVLA local offices being closed and everything centralised at Swansea these days. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Glad you got it sorted.(y) Does make you lose heart though at all the aggro involved.

Does make you laugh when EU legislation specifically states that if a CoC was not issued at the time the vehicle was built then it can never have one. Additionally a vehicle once registered in any EU sate is deemed to have complied with ALL EU requirements & cannot be denied re-registration in any other EU state.
I would have used the EU complaints system , Solvit, & let them antagonise the jobsworth. I'd have used this at the first sign off aggravation.
I gave up here ,years ago, attempting to meet the unreasonable demands of people in positions who don't have a clue what the rules even are. Fortunately here , before resorting to the EU system, we have the ' Hojas de Reclamación ' which legally have to be available in every establishment & carried by any self-employed person/business.
Asking for these is tantamount to slapping a persons face & will normally bring them to attempt to assist/pass you on to the boss ,etc; do anything rather than be the one who has to dish them out. Not giving them out or failing to have any is a criminal offence & you just call the Policía Local.
Should be available EU wide.:)

OP
OP
Concorde
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
@Concorde. Although I couldn't contribute helpfully in any way, I have been following your thread with interest, wondering what are they going to do, if the French flatly refused to accept the evidence. :eek:

I am please that the bureaucratic nightmare is over for you. (y) If it's any consolation, we don't seem to fair very well back home, with DVLA local offices being closed and everything centralised at Swansea these days. :(

Cheers,

Hi Jock

Just for reference

The next would have been to put it through inspection with UTAC in Paris....but there is no way I would have gone that route. The test is 15,000 euro for a motorhome over 3,5t...and the paperwork they demand is crazy. You have to supply a CoC for every item fitted to the van, you have to have the Gas system re-plummed by a French approved installer..same goes for the electrics... And then there is still no guarantee they will pass it

If the prefecture had said today they would not accept registration based on the documents supplied they would have granted another 28 day provisional reg to allow me to remove it from French soil! If it had happened I would have simply taken it back to the factory and traded it on another...I was planning on selling it next year and buying one with a Smart garage. It would have been a pain as this one is now perfect. Its only got 12,000 miles on it, its been back to the factory and had a fortune spent. Its even had the £12k repair work done on the mirror mounts that they all suffer with (yes thats twelve thousand pounds!) Its had its flooring replaced as we couldn't live with Graff Spey Vomit as a colour scheme, but love the new bamboo finish... and Ive even just fitted 6 new tyres as they were out of date!

A lot of my agro came down to the good old DVLA. Wrong weights listed, wrong cc, and virtually every other section on the V5 empty! Suppose its not really the DVLA, but the importers who didn't complete the paperwork at first registration!

OH well for now, we are good an legal, but it has taken 19 months to get there

Its a shame the Factory were so bloody useless and couldn't, or should I say wouldn't provide a CoC. They are wonderful if you are first owner, but if you have bought one outside the dealer network they really aren't as amenable. That said the work they did on the van was superb, and while you are at the factory the customer service is second to none

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
A lot of my agro came down to the good old DVLA. Wrong weights listed, wrong cc, and virtually every other section on the V5 empty!
Tell me about it. All they had to do was change the weight on the new V5 from 5000Kgs to 5500Kgs, but instead they've decided that a rear axle needed knocking off the wheelplan. :mad:

Cheers,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back