Concertina blinds

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by alhod, Nov 6, 2013.

1. alhod

alhod Read Only Funster

Our van has concertina blinds around the front windows and they are great - very easy to use and effective in stopping any aspiring thieves from casing the joint.
    But there is one problem - getting them folded back when we're ready to move on. No matter how I try to fold them they always go their own way! Eventually with very careful and slow movement they return to the box but it ain't easy. So has anyone a fool-proof method to make them act as proper concertinas in less than the 15 minutes it often takes now?

Alan :cry:

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Alan
    I know what you mean I find on the side blinds if you take them slow with one hand moving it and the other in the middle of the plastic piece it seems easier. Pete :thumb:

3. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

We use the same technique as Pete. With one hand on the plastic housing, feed the folds slowly back into the plastic as you move the blind back. It takes practice but you get quicker - honest!:Smile:

Geraldine

4. alhod

alhod Read Only Funster

I agree that the two handed feedback is the most effective and does eventually get there. Watching from outside must be quite entertaining, especially on the driving side when I am contorted over and around the wheel whilst trying to get two hands on the blind and avoid impaling myself on the stalks!

Alan

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Get the other half to do it!!! :BigGrin: They have much more patience than we mere males. :thumb: You know it makes sense. :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  6. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

Ours seem to slide back without any trouble and the only tricky bit is hooking and unhooking the two sides of the windscreen blinds where they meet in the middle, and that's only because of the width if the top of the dashboard.:Smile:

7. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Folding blinds! Whatever next?:Rofl1:

8. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

Folding blinds

Folding money? :Rofl1:

9. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi alittle hard to explain but here goes --as you push it back grad the pleats with your fingers and with a grabbingg motion pull them towards the front bit alowing them to fold with your fingers ,then shove all backwards
    terry