Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
why oh why, when I have loaded a page that takes a while does it appear on the screen only to have a box appear over the top saying it cannot load this page. I find it happening more and more on fun. It is so annoying that the info I want is there hidden behind that damn box. when I delete the box the loaded page goes as well leaving a white screen

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am on a very slow connection Roger and never seen that box you describe. I'll fire up a windows machine and take a look. what browser are you using?

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I.E 7 on this old XP machine but it happens on the windows 7 netbook as well. I'll try a screen grab next time I get it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
didn't have to wait long for that

problem_zps71be203c.jpg

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
possible settings in ie are wrong and need tweaking try to use chrome i never have a problem with that i never use ie any more dam load of crap

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
quite possibly because its IE7 and it cant cope with some elements on a web page - either try another browser or upgarde to IE8

Link Removed

OR it might be that you have two tabs for 'other' motorhome forums open....:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have used 7 without a problem since 2003. I use tabs a lot and have over 1000 favourites stored. I am too old and brainless to sort out a new browser though I have several others installed I just don't get on with them. but thanks for the suggestion

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Some sites charge more if you use their sites with IE7 ::bigsmile: No one should be using it. IE7 has so many exploits, it's positively dangerous to use and this is maybe why you are suffering so. I don't think its been updated since 2007:Eeek:

Upgrade your browser, it takes a few minutes and will probably take less resources than you are using now, you shouldn't lose your bookmarks:thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
You need to move on Roger, Explorer 9 is out now and it works ok for me, as JIm says Explorer 7 ain't safe.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
as I said in the other thread Dane I have the same problem on my windows 7 netbook running ie9.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
like a fool I took all of the advice, and turned on updates, updated the browser downloaded all of the security patches etc. Then spent several hours getting my sound to function again.
Still runing XP and IE8 is the latest browser and just as bugged as when it first came out some portions of my header are blacked out so I cannot read the options. at least now when a program is not responding only that tab closes or refreshes instead of the entire browser closing. I am getting too old for this computer lark, with so many other issues to worry about I don't need my lifeline pulled from under me. I tried to restore to the previous settings but no go, it would not allow me you go back to an earlier version of windows. So I'm stuck with only half a brain and no patience to sort this one out. If/when I ever disappear you will understand tis the damn computer.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
like a fool I took all of the advice, and turned on updates, updated the browser downloaded all of the security patches etc. Then spent several hours getting my sound to function again.
Still runing XP and IE8 is the latest browser and just as bugged as when it first came out some portions of my header are blacked out so I cannot read the options. at least now when a program is not responding only that tab closes or refreshes instead of the entire browser closing. I am getting too old for this computer lark, with so many other issues to worry about I don't need my lifeline pulled from under me. I tried to restore to the previous settings but no go, it would not allow me you go back to an earlier version of windows. So I'm stuck with only half a brain and no patience to sort this one out. If/when I ever disappear you will understand tis the damn computer.

You have all my sympathy Roger .. after I messed it up I spent the best part of two days reformatting, re installing Windows7 and the drivers, downloading updates etc .. .. :Sad: but I did learn a lot.. ie don't mess with it ... :roflmto:

All I would suggest is giving Chrome or Firefox a go.. never used or liked IE in any flavour..

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back