computer blocking website , security certificate errors (1 Viewer)

buffallobill

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
when i came onto web site today i found that i had to log in, but i coudnt type in my user name, then a java script message came up saying it was causing computer to run slow or may cause it to stop,
i have finally logged in after using search engine to find m/hfun site and i am getting a pop up stating "internet explorer has blocked this web site from displaying content with security certificate errors", as i am typing this the characters are coming up slow...
can any member please help and enlighten me as what i can do to remedy this problem.. thank you bill. :whatthe:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Might help to stop using Internet Explorer. I make no claim to expertise but in my experience any problems with browsers seem to be down to using IE. (I only use Firefox)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Try clearing your browser cache. That might help. But downloading firefox will enhance your internet experience:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
The only good thing about Internet Explorer is it's ability to enable users to download a decent web browser. :thumb:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We get this message when our pc crashes & goes to default settings - always easily solved by sorting the calendar date (usually in bottom rh corner & right click to amend) as ours goes back to 2011! Hope this helps.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i abandonded internet explorer a few years ago when IE8 was issued....so many glitchs.

tried firefox but couldnt get along with it so downloaded google chrome, never looked back.

OP
OP
buffallobill

buffallobill

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
after reading all the recommendations, and myself not being too computer literate, i have managed get google as my default search , what ever has happened as seemed to have worked, so thank you members for your valued suggestions and input which helped me sort my problem.....:thumb::thumb:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Having just a little IT experience I use all three browsers.

1. Chrome for speed - It's a lot faster on 'simple' sites but doesn't support some features and can incorrectly display some content. Anything supporting using remote access (logmein, teamviewer etc) is light years faster under Chrome)
2. Firefox for 99% of everything else - It supports the full function set. Be very careful which plug-ins you download though.
3. IE for the very few (mainly Microsoft) sites that will not work with either of the above.

The speed issue could also be caused by many things. Make sure if you are using an anti-virus you are not also running Windows defender. Check your disc and defragment it if more than 50% full or more than a year or so old. (In My Computer, point at your drive, usually C:/, right click, properties, tools, defragment.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back