Completely new to our motorhome (1 Viewer)

Vinny'd'campo

Free Member
Feb 2, 2016
Atherton
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Morning,
My partner and I have just bought our very first motorhome ;) in May we are starting off to either Calais or Le Harve ( not sure which will be best) and intended to travel Europe for quite a few years. ANY advice would be gratefully received I.e. wild camping, pitfalls,areas of interest etc.
Thank you

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Hello and welcome to FUN. All the advice and information you need is contained within the pages of this forum. Just try using the search facility. The £15 subs fee would also be money well spent and give you full access :).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Is your motor home brand new? You will need to return to the UK for an MOT every year if it's more than 3 years old.

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
Hi and welcome. You are on the right site if you want some advice and information. Europe has over 40 countries, don't be afraid to visit them all. In our travels we haven't been to country that we feel unsafe. My personal advise is to never listen to negative people who have not been to the places you want to visit.
Get out there and explore, have fun and be adventurous.

OP
OP
V

Vinny'd'campo

Free Member
Feb 2, 2016
Atherton
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Thank you all for your replies :) we pick up Vinny the motorhome home next week, and think that we will do a few days in England first before we start our adventures in May. No doubt I will be asking lots of questions as we have never done this before.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Vinny, welcome to the fun (y)

If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
V

Vinny'd'campo

Free Member
Feb 2, 2016
Atherton
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Yes Boringfrog its 2008 it just seems to wrong that we have to return to England for MOT when we are part of the EU! But I suppose it will give us chance to visit family and friends.

OP
OP
V

Vinny'd'campo

Free Member
Feb 2, 2016
Atherton
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
We are leaving property in England you are right Hilldweller you just never know.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are leaving property in England you are right Hilldweller you just never know.

Not just my opinion, there a a few on here who tried full timing and gave up on it. Lots of niggles like, as you know MOT, and any long term medical treatment, insurances.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome :hiya2: Enjoy your new way of life, you will get loads of help advice and plenty of banter on here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back