Complete Novice >>>Help (1 Viewer)

M

manovision

Deleted User
Hi All,

Have never been caravanning or owned a motorhome in my life... and 2 weeks ago i passed one on the motorway and thought "that looks a good crack" so have impulsively bought myself a late xmas present in the form of an adria vision.

Bought that because I liked the look of it and for no other reason. Have never driven it and have no idea of good places where to go when I get it. I pick it up on the 4th of March and have this romantic notion of going to a couple of the Grand Prix or to the golf events in it.

I love sport and fishing etc, so please can anyone give me any advice on what I have bought and things to do and places to go. I do not know a soul who owns one but just fancy a change and an adventure

Thanks

Paul

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I pick it up on the 4th of March and have this romantic notion of going to a couple of the Grand Prix or to the golf events in it. Paul

Well last May we were parked in the campsite at Monza for the WSB racing. Right next to the armco on the main straight right next to it.

What a few days that was. We got there on Wednesday because they don't do booking. Lovely park, lots of trees, a bar and the main straight.

Thursday the park starts filling. We see folk putting tape from tree to tree. Gets pretty noisy, disco, engines revving. People are erecting scaffolding, they don't need tickets for a good view.

Friday, now we see what the tapes are for, MC clubs/groups. One arrived with a trailer. It opens, full kitchen. Huge screens are erected. The place is heaving. It calmed down about 3am.

Saturday. Practice day. Full. Tents. MHomes. Vans. Saturday night, mayhem. Popular sport is to bring a bike, no wheels, just a stand, no exhaust and see how much noise you can make. More noise than the other one at the other end of the site. Probably 4am before it quietened down.

Sunday. Race day. They watch the race then vanished. Sunday night, like a graveyard.

Monday we left.

Being bikers there was not a hint of trouble. All good humoured revelry consuming more beer that you would think possible. Bikers from all over the EU and one we got chatting to had ridden from Australia. He they was meeting his girlfriend in Whitby and they were riding across Russia.

I walked onto the old banked circuit. I tried to walk UP the old banked circuit. Quite impossible, I got about half way. What a thrill that must have been to race there.

So what more encouragement do want ? Go for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome.......i'll tell you what you've bought.....

a completely new lifestyle

enjoy it.

have a look in the calender(top of page) to see what meets are planned.
always good for a laugh and to meet new friends and get loads of good advise:thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi and welcome too the fun.
Spend time reading the manuals and getting to know your motohome before you venture far.

Cheers

Jim :thumb:

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi Paul
theres plenty of camp sites with fishing and other attached hobbies.
just ask on here and mention where and when you want to go and what (give a bit of notice so as many people as possbile read the post) and you will be ok.

We have all bough our MH after seeing one soemwhere mate.
Mine was on crown meadon in tewkesbury in 1987

Phill

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
?????? wot

Read the manual - just how low can you sink ?

Have you ever tried MA.

Manuals Anonymous. The hardest part is when you stand up and say "Hi, I'm madbluemad and I read manuals".

Once you get that off your chest it all gets easier.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi All,

Have never been caravanning or owned a motorhome in my life... and 2 weeks ago i passed one on the motorway and thought "that looks a good crack" so have impulsively bought myself a late xmas present in the form of an adria vision.

Bought that because I liked the look of it and for no other reason. Have never driven it and have no idea of good places where to go when I get it. I pick it up on the 4th of May and have this romantic notion of going to a couple of the Grand Prix or to the golf events in it.

I love sport and fishing etc, so please can anyone give me any advice on what I have bought and things to do and places to go. I do not know a soul who owns one but just fancy a change and an adventure

Thanks

Paul

hi paul and welcome to the new lifestyle, I love the way you have bought your van:thumb:
That's the sort of personality you need for this thing.
Dont think get it done.!!
I too like my sports and am off skiing in less than 12 hours:thumb:
there is a fishing meet to be done in March and a few other bits in the meet callender. You maybe ought to try coming to one?
We are a good bunch here, we all love meeting new motorhomers, and of course you have chosen a great make, welcome to the adria owners club:thumb:

On the subject of Grand prix or BSB,? I have done some but only in a tent. The roudy behaviour in this country has taught me not too take an expensive toy to the event:Blush:
done the le mans 24hour (bikes) a few years back on my bike and saw a lovely motorhome trashed:Angry:

not of course saying that will happen, and after all whats insurance for anyway?:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Have you ever tried MA.

Manuals Anonymous. The hardest part is when you stand up and say "Hi, I'm madbluemad and I read manuals".

there speaks a man of experience....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
your secrets safe with us....for a small fee:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

Have you ever tried MA.

Wot a nasty horrible, vicious waste of space on the planet earth you are. Dont forget to put your name in the windscreen whilst out and about so that I can have a word with you personally

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back