compass drifter

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by fishycharl, Feb 8, 2010.

1. fishycharl

fishycharl Read Only Funster

Hi all,
    I have just joined to night and need some help in locating an owner's handbook/manual for my Compass Drifter 410. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I would be willing to buy/download or photocopy one.

Many thanks

Fishcharl

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi and welcome to Fun, sorry cannot help with a manual but I am sure if you ask specific questions, some one will be along with an answer.

Peter

3. tan

tan Read Only Funster

You dont say what year compass I have A 2005 compass avantgarde 400 and found a manual for it on The explorer/elldis web site http://www.elddis.co.uk/archives.html in the download achive under motor home manual dont now if this helps.

terry

4. Richrich

Richrich Read Only Funster

Compass Drifter 410 Owners Manual

Hi

I to have a Drifter 410. It's a Merit 1997 and I am looking for a replacement owners manual.

Did you find one? If you did then would you be so good as to point me in the right direction please.

Many thanks

Rich

5. roverman1

roverman1 Read Only Funster

:Angry:

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

thats a confusing post allan !

did you get your post intermixed with Rich's quoted post ?

7. Richrich

Richrich Read Only Funster

Drifter 410

I was a little premature with my requirements in that I said I that I have a Drifter 410. In fact I was due to pay for the vehicle the day after I posted the first message. However, being that it was a private purchase I thought I ought to carry out an HPI check on it and it transpires that whilst the vehicle is free of finance and not registered as a loss with any insurance company, the vehicle had more miles on it at the end of a two year lease contract than it has now!! It has been clocked!!:Angry:

I think the scam is that if a vehicle has not yet had it's first MOT, i.e. less than three years old, then if the service book has been 'lost' then provided it is clocked before the first MOT and provided all subsequent MOT certificates are kept then it is somewhat feasible that the mileage could be genuine.

BE WARNED!

Oh....anybody know of a nice Compass Drifter 410/460 or similar for sale up to 15k??

Many thanks to you all for the help. This seems a good forum.:thumb:

Regards

Richard