Compass Cruiser Control Panel Broke! (1 Viewer)

RogueStorm

Free Member
Jan 8, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Compass 740
Exp
Three years, Western West Europe 2015, Eastern West Europe (and some Western East Europe) 2016.
I have an ageing Compass Cruiser 740 and I know bits will stop working over time. The control panel was working fine until a couple of months ago; the LED clock, a rather annoying bright yellow has given up the ghost. This has also meant that the buttons showing things like battery voltage, current, temperature and tank levels also no longer work when pressed. The other switches, lights, AUX and pump etc are all working. Aside from not having a clock in the back of the van it doesn't really pose a problem. If I were to sell the van then obviously I'd want things to be in top notch condition.

I've taken the cover off and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! The wiring is quite substantial.

Is it possible to get another panel, or maybe just the circuit board from a) any dealers, b) campervan breakers.

The van I have is a 2000 model based on a Peugeot Boxer.

TIA

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 57
Jan 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Compass cruiser
I have an ageing Compass Cruiser 740 and I know bits will stop working over time. The control panel was working fine until a couple of months ago; the LED clock, a rather annoying bright yellow has given up the ghost. This has also meant that the buttons showing things like battery voltage, current, temperature and tank levels also no longer work when pressed. The other switches, lights, AUX and pump etc are all working. Aside from not having a clock in the back of the van it doesn't really pose a problem. If I were to sell the van then obviously I'd want things to be in top notch condition.

I've taken the cover off and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! The wiring is quite substantial.

Is it possible to get another panel, or maybe just the circuit board from a) any dealers, b) campervan breakers.

The van I have is a 2000 model based on a Peugeot Boxer.

TIA
Hi hope your ok n well.i have same motorhome had it from new.did you get sorted out with your control panel as I av the same problem thanks lee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
This is a five years old post and the OP is no longer a subscriber, so I hope it has been fixed it by now.
I'm not familiar with the Cruiser, but I wouldn't expect the failure of the clock to disable the other instruments but more likely there was a general lack of 12v feed to the whole instrument cluster, regardless of the fact that the switches for Aux, pump etc. still functioned as they will have been wired individually.

2d.

On my Compass there is insufficient slack in the bundle of control/instrument panel wiring to enable the panel to be withdrawn more than a couple of inches, thus making it virtually impossible to see behind it or access the wiring connections. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
3 years ago I was looking for a spare control board for my Compass Cruiser. No luck anywhere, it was that bad I did not even know it had a clock!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back