compact pan set that works on induction hob (1 Viewer)

Mr Milliemobile

Funster
Sep 9, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2014
Hi,

I'm looking for some pans for use with an induction hob.
Searched online but not had much luck.
My current pan set won't work on an induction hob, aluminum and stacks together to be stored in oven. We have a PVC so space is at a premium. We have an induction hob at home but the pans are to bulky to take away.
Can anyone direct me to a source or do they not exist?
Thanks,
Nige

OP
OP
Mr Milliemobile

Mr Milliemobile

Funster
Sep 9, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2014
I bought tefal ingenio for our van

Quality pans, compact to store but the compromise is that they are heavy (and fairly expensive).

http://www.johnlewis.com/tefal-ingenio-induction-cookware/p89003008
Thanks for the link, checked them out and they seem good although expensive as you said. Will have to see if Lin will let me invest in some or will have to keep looking.
Nige

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I think I kept looking at them on amazon and waited for them to come up at a sort of decent price. I ended up getting two sizes of saucepan and two sizes of frying pan and that pretty much does us for everything.

I didn't bother with any of the lids, instead I went for a multi fit lid, like this one
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/16651/Lakeland-Multi-Pan-Lid
and also a universal steamer.

Deleted User
Only I could have a husband obsessed with pans....still Nige does all the cooking so I might let him invest :)
Lin

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Only I could have a husband obsessed with pans....still Nige does all the cooking so I might let him invest :)
Lin

Sorry Lin, for spending your cash!!

However, if Nige does the cooking and you do the cleaning up, I can confirm that they are mega easy to clean - I haven't as yet got anything to stick to them. A quick wipe with a sponge and they're clean.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I have had the original Tefal Ingenio pans for years. Can recommend them. I will also be buying the induction ones when I finish my new kitchen (in fact I bought a wok style one in France last week).

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,

I'm looking for some pans for use with an induction hob.
Searched online but not had much luck.
My current pan set won't work on an induction hob, aluminum and stacks together to be stored in oven. We have a PVC so space is at a premium. We have an induction hob at home but the pans are to bulky to take away.
Can anyone direct me to a source or do they not exist?
Thanks,
Nige
There was some on offer in Carrefour in Guinnes last month 5 pans, one handle, stackable for use with induction hob €39. Or 7 pans, one handle and a frying pan for €49.

OP
OP
Mr Milliemobile

Mr Milliemobile

Funster
Sep 9, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2014
There was some on offer in Carrefour in Guinnes last month 5 pans, one handle, stackable for use with induction hob €39. Or 7 pans, one handle and a frying pan for €49.
Big map
I will have a look in Carrefour we I get across to the continent, things are often cheaper there if the exchange rate doesn't go too far the wrong way...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I got some of the original (not induction) pans years ago and they are still going strong in our MH the ONLY thing I don't like is that when you use the very over-engineered handle on the small pan it can topple over as it overbalances it if you don't have much in it. Very easy to clean and store - we got ours in France when they were on offer in one of the large supermarkets.

If you do have a look in the French shops though, have a look for their own versions as they are often a lot cheaper - we got some extra handles for ours which are similar to the Tefal ones as they clamp on but much cheaper and lighter so no 'toppling' problem.

OP
OP
Mr Milliemobile

Mr Milliemobile

Funster
Sep 9, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2014
I got some of the original (not induction) pans years ago and they are still going strong in our MH the ONLY thing I don't like is that when you use the very over-engineered handle on the small pan it can topple over as it overbalances it if you don't have much in it. Very easy to clean and store - we got ours in France when they were on offer in one of the large supermarkets.

If you do have a look in the French shops though, have a look for their own versions as they are often a lot cheaper - we got some extra handles for ours which are similar to the Tefal ones as they clamp on but much cheaper and lighter so no 'toppling' problem.
Our current lightweight stacking pans have a similar issue when the handle is attached they can topple/wobble when only partly filled.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just to let you know that at the E.LeClerc store at Outreau near Boulogne Sur Mer they are selling a 5 piece Tefal Ingenio set which can be used on induction hobs for just under €35 - it comprises of a large deep saute pan, a large frying pan, a wok, another pan and a handle.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Another vote for Tefal Ingenio. Make sure they are the induction version, though (just look at the price)! There are half-price offers on the older induction version in France (where they are made) now that a lighter (Titanium) version has superseded it. They’re quite heavy and expensive, though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back