Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The weather station/clock is a good bit of kit too!

Ours is four years old and works well.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
checking the offers on there, have to say the After Eight dessert looks good :ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Back on topic LOL - the Aldi ones are 28cm wide whereas the eBay ones are only 18cm - that's 7 and a bit inches v. 11 ins.

And the Aldi ones are in a bag, me like 'in bag' - esp when stuff is wet, as it will be if it's needed to do the job they are sposed to!

Oct 26, 2010
Funster No
MH
Pilote reference 670
Exp
20 years
These are really good in sand too. Helped a german campervan out the sand recently with ease

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Back on topic LOL - the Aldi ones are 28cm wide whereas the eBay ones are only 18cm - that's 7 and a bit inches v. 11 ins.

And the Aldi ones are in a bag, me like 'in bag' - esp when stuff is wet, as it will be if it's needed to do the job they are sposed to!

I think you'll find they are the same product (made by Maxim) with the Aldi 'unrolled size' being wrong and should say 18cm wide - it could be that the 'packed' size is 28cm?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009

Hey - well spotted Jenny - I didn't notice that variance in width! :RollEyes:

I agree that it makes quite a difference. Can't help wondering if there is a typo in the eBay seller's listing? But I wouldn't buy those now, without checking first with the seller.

As it happens, we use Milenco grip mats. We got completely bogged down just about up to the axles, when I accidentally drove both front wheels off the campsite road / hardstanding into soft sand this year in France (Montalivet). The van stopped dead and I thought - 'that's done it' - 'will need a tractor to get out of here'. :Eeek:

In the event, dug a bit of loose sand out from behind the wheels, inserted the Milenco grip mats and reversed back up on to the hardstanding! :thumb: Had quite an audience by this time who were amazed it just popped out using the grips.

So pleased with them, I bought a second pair when we got home - think they cost about £10.

Mike

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13

I agree that it makes quite a difference. Can't help wondering if there is a typo in the eBay seller's listing? But I wouldn't buy those now, without checking first with the seller.

As it happens, we use Milenco grip mats. We got completely bogged down just about up to the axles, when I accidentally drove both front wheels off the campsite road / hardstanding into soft sand this year in France (Montalivet). The van stopped dead and I thought - 'that's done it' - 'will need a tractor to get out of here'. :Eeek:

In the event, dug a bit of loose sand out from behind the wheels, inserted the Milenco grip mats and reversed back up on to the hardstanding! :thumb: Had quite an audience by this time who were amazed it just popped out using the grips.

So pleased with them, I bought a second pair when we got home - think they cost about £10.

Mike

I nearly drove into the sand there as well, untill my friend who knew the danger stopped me in time. There was at least 1 a day (8th to 22nd August) so can't recall [STRIKE]laughing[/STRIKE] feeling sorry for you.

Popular place.................. Mine's the white one

Attachments

• Montalivet.jpg
    Montalivet.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I nearly drove into the sand there as well, untill my friend who knew the danger stopped me in time. There was at least 1 a day (8th to 22nd August) so can't recall [STRIKE]laughing[/STRIKE] feeling sorry for you.

Popular place.................. Mine's the white one

We weren't on the aire, but at CHM Montalivet, the naturist campsite. :Smile:

http://www.naturist-camping-chm-montalivet.co.uk/

And on a Suntrecker rally in June, hence the big audience when I sunk the front end in the sand. I was in such a hurry to try to recover it, I forgot to take some pics - which would have been fun.

Mike

Sheriff

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 3, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 yrs
We were on their site by the sea and Yep, drove right over the hardcore and into the sand, extra help, shovels , jacks, timber, etc , nearly two hours later be it but for Taran-Las towing us out , we would have been there a lot longer- thanks Phil .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Mike

As I mentioned I think the fault may be with Aldi, not the Ebay seller - if you look at the picture for the grips you can see that they are about the width of a tyre, around 18cm (roughly 7"), rather than 28cm (roughly 11") ... do you know of anyone who has 11" wide tyres on their vehicle (other than a tractor?)!!!! :Doh:

Stop press ... just found a picture of the actual box which gives the actual size - they are 18cm NOT 28cm ...

Attachments

• grip mat picture.JPG
    grip mat picture.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 11
  • maxim.jpg
    maxim.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've just emailed Aldi and asked them to confirm the width of the tracks and will report back when (if?) I get a reply.:Smile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We went and looked at them yesterday, they are only 11cms wide we didn't buy any they seemed tiny to us.

We didn't think they looked big enough to be or any use frankly.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I have just bought three, one for me and two for christmas stocking fillers.

Size isn`t on the packet so I have measured them .....178 across tread, 182 acriss the hinge part x 590 long, they are in a neat zipped bag and quite small for storage.

upto 3500 kl.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back