Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
My first venture out this year,got itchy feel and going stir crazy so my first trip out of hibernation is to the CC site at morn hill near Winchester for four days then onto Gosport to spend a few days there before moving on to South lychett manor site near Poole to visit brownsea island and the red squirrels .then back home to check on e erything before setting off to the isle of Wight...

Jaime

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
My motorhome is still in winter storage, winterised. Having unpacked him yet. I like the look of your motorhome, very practical! Mine is much too big, it is like driving a block of apartments. :LOL:

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The Autocruise is ideal for me as a solo motorhomer. She is 6.2m long and very usable...you need to get your mo out soon as you can,and enjoy yourself. Get down to the southern motorhome show and meet up with many funsters

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaime

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
I was happy driving my MH until one summer day last year when a BMW decided he could get in between me and a line of parked cars (it was my right of way) and he took the side off his BMW. Barely touched my MH, in fact I still can't tell which bit of MH was such effective weapon on his BMW. Have now lost my nerve for driving it on small roads. My bad.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi Khizzie , when are you off over to the island & where you staying.

Hiya there from 2nd May for five nights at Waverley Park .red funnel/caravan club special..do it most years last time was Whitfield forest. ,

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I was happy driving my MH until one summer day last year when a BMW decided he could get in between me and a line of parked cars (it was my right of way) and he took the side off his BMW. Barely touched my MH, in fact I still can't tell which bit of MH was such effective weapon on his BMW. Have now lost my nerve for driving it on small roads. My bad.

Good lord that bad news,are you going to get your nerve up again??? The southern motorhome show is an easy drive from Warwickshire as showground is just beside the A34

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
I recon this easter is lots of peoples 1st of the year venture, make sure you enjoy
pete

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Khizzie again,
I know you've been over before but thought this might help.

Waverley park is a bit different from Whitefield , a bit more compact but easy walk to seafront thru c/site town not too far, here's a couple of hints on where to drive.
Anywhere on the island no more than 45 mins away. loads of places worth visiting , (depending size of moho) ours is just under 7mtr & 2.3 wide , 90% of places I haven't had a problem. Any help just ask , when are you coming over.

Fort victoria ( free parking ) some sea view parking, well worth a visit , nice walk along sea wall into Yarmouth or in the other direction a longer walk thru to alum bay via Colwell bay & Totland bay
Culver parade beach side car park (not free) opposite zoo, just up the road from dinosaur museum lovely sea views (also fab rock cakes from the cafe there), can walk into sandown town.
Culver down , great views (can illegally overnight up here), lovely walks around the down & old fort, ignore 6ft6 restriction sign.
Appley park Ryde (free) just a bit further along past the canoe lake on the seafront, CP is 100 yds from beach & nice walks along seawall to puckpool park or back into town.
Cowes park n ride opposite Aldi bus takes you into town and promenade & all the yachts etc
Blackgang to freshwater bay nice drive with several N.T. beach or cliffs car parks small charge. (no overnight parking)
Alum bay (coloured sands views of the needles , Needles battery (worth a visit) + old rocket stn derelict know. car park £5 a day
Osbourne house & Carisbrooke castle both historical interest with large car parks.
Newport main town with the usual shops best car park coppins bridge CP ( not free) it's on your left on the round about as you enter Newport from East Cowes or there's Morrisons 2 hr free in town.
Lake CP , nice cliff top walks or circular walk to Shanklin & Sandown along cliff back via seawall
Loads of pubs & restaurants all over the place
if you need gps for any just ask
bus pass's £24 for 7 days unlimited per person.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks for info fidget.have been to Waverley two years ago so know what to expect ,its ideal base for me as I use a bus pass ,and the buses there are. Brilliant... I love the island and when my Kate was alive we visited at least twice sometimes three times a year,.never ever get bored.this time I have persuaded a couple of campers who have never been before to meet up with me so that they can also see what a beautiful island it is away from places that are heavy touristy places...hope to meet you therecor a chat or whatever if you are not away....Roy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back