Comfort Seat

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by muddywellies, Mar 5, 2015.

1. muddywellies

muddywellies

Warm evenings are approaching, soon it will be time to sit out under the awning. But which chair?
    I'm looking for a pair of light-weight, well-made, stable, padded chairs for relaxing with a 'sundowner'. (No lounger types). Amazon recommendations anyone?

2. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Hi, We have tried many chairs and most of them are stached in the garage but the most comfortable and practical ones are the Isabella there the ones in our van now cost about £60 each but worth it :)

3. cranky

cranky Funster

agreed. We have tried many and have settled on isabella. Light, strong and very comfortable.fine for lounging or eating at the table.We also got the footstool/side table that are also excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We used a pair of director chairs for several years which were fine for sitting at a table but didn't recline. We looked around (Go Outdoors, caravan dealers, shows) and plumped for a pair of Lafuma Cham Elips Chairs. They adjust for use both at a table and reclined. We actually bought them from a garden supplies company on-line, cheaper than elsewhere.

5. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

We have Lafuma loungers which are very comfortable but heavy. If I were choosing again I would probably buy Dukdalf. They make excellent high-back folding chairs in aluminium; an extended separate leg rest can be added if you want to make them into a lounger. Unfortunately they are rarely available in the UK so you may have to buy on-line, or wait until you are abroad. They are a Dutch firm I believe.

6. Ninovan

Ninovan Funster

We bought a couple of Kampa directors chairs, Really lightweight, as far as I can remember they come in black, blue, green or red. We got black. They also have a built in side table & glass/beer can holder. From memory about £25 to £30 each, got them from the NEC show.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  7. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Dukdalf. Dutch made lightweight (4kg ), comfy, flat folding, fully reclining. Yeah..