Comfort - Net Rated Insurance (1 Viewer)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
It is time to renew my insurance. I am currently with safeguard and their premium has increased considerably.

Looking at Comfort their premium is nearly £200 less so it is really inviting. One of the problems (according to safeguard) is that Comfort is net rated insurance and as such you lose any No Claims Bonus you may have after being with them for 2 years, and that when you try to switch away from them the premiums are massively increased.

This could leave you at the mercy of comfort in that they could increase their prices as you are effectively captive.

Is this a real worry or just scaremongering in an attempt to retain business. Does anyone have any experience of leaving Comfort for another insurer?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi John, We left Comfort a year ago when their price increased significantly.Comfort told us that they no longer give a "No Claims Bonus", instead they give you a guaranteed discount . We insured that year with the C&CC. This year C&CC could not give us the length of trip abroad and breakdown cover that we require and so I went back to Comfort for a quote. They refused to insure our van when I asked for a quotation a few weeks ago. The refusal was due to the fact that as our van is parked in a residents car park on private land and that we do not have a dedicated parking space within that car park that they would deem our vehicle to be parked on the public highway. Comfort took a decision a few months ago not to insure any motorhome that is parked overnight on the public highway. I am now insured with Safeguard.

Brisey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back