Comfort: any good

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Douglas, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

Insurance time on the MH again, last year with Saga and as expected they bump up this years policy to pay for the new customers discount I got last year.

I have been with Comfort before, and at the moment they are the only one that is offering what I want, IE 12 month full comp on the continent as well as UK, (a lot of them reduce the cover to third party when you are away).

Recovery on the continent as well as UK and under £300.00

So Has any one got any bad reports about them?

Doug...

2. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

£3,000 ??:Eeek:

3. lorger

lorger Funster

Sorry Doug thought you meant for washing your clothes:Rofl1::Rofl1:

My insurance is up on sat and have been with Frank pickles for past 3 years but this year phoned safegaurd and although they where £20 dearer they covered more and also included breakdown cover uk and euro land also gives you 365 days in euro land and mine was under £300 never mind £3000:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Gerry

4. Douglas

Frank Pickles only offered 60 days to me!!!

5. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

Expressed and interest with Frank Pickles on their website. They said they would be back in touch.

Still waiting.

Its too late for them, we are doing an auto renew on the C&CC one we had last year, still good value for our circs we think.

6. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Doug its maybe the way i have wrote it but i meant safegaurd had offered me the better deal with the 365 days

Gerry

7. sillybug

sillybug Funster

hi doug
    have been with comfort for a few years now never had a problem with them although we,ve never needed to make a claim ,having said that we did need to go threw comfort to get recovered from york about 4 years ago and they were brilliant couldnt have been more helpful and rac took us home to norwich on a low loader after the show ended ,i,d say we got excellant service from comfort and rac:thumb:

8. Douglas

Just tried Safeguard, the wanted £392.00 but got them down to £276.00

Doug...

9. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Just renewed with Comfort see Here, never had to claim so no opinion one way or another apart from what I've read on the forum. :Smile:

10. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I've been with Comfort for some years.

Have had to claim for a windscreen (A-class so expensive) and also used their breakdown service abroad (Toad). All very good.

They also will cover my fridge repairs but I'll find out how much before I claim as they have said they will increase my premiums next time.

11. niggle

niggle Banned - Rule 1

comfort all inc for a class £201.00 with full n/c,,, breakdown with greenflag ,but must tell them the vech diamentions, this also covers eu

12. keith

keith Funster

I just had a quote off Comfort as ours is up for renewal next month. £264.06 with full 365 days cover in Europe.

No breakdown cover for us as on checking the t & c it appears there is an overall limit of £2500 for any claim. Seems to me that's a little on the low side, so I'll stick with ADAC.

I also got a quote from the dark side and it turned out to be with AVIVA (same as comfort) but at £311.44 including breakdown cover which is slightly cheaper than Comfort, don't know if you have to be a darksider though. :RollEyes: