COME BERTIE, TIME FOR YOUR LAST WALKIES (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Crikey DBK, I'm not usually moved to comment on these matters but in this case I am quite moved by your sentiment.

Bertie is in another place now...... RIP little fella
I didn't think I would be moved either. Wrung numerous chicken necks in my time, seen human death, but he was family.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Bertie followed Death through a door in the wall of the vet's surgery which had not been there a few moments ago and down a long passage which opened into sunlight. Through eyes now undimmed Bertie recognized his favourite beach and on legs now free of arthritis he ran along the edge of the water barking with excitement. As he ran into the distance his footprints became lighter and lighter and then a wave came and gently swept them all away. His barks were heard for a little longer but then became indistinguishable from the cries of the gulls.*

Bertie, 9th July, 1998 to 7th April, 2015, RIP

And in happier times, chilling in Spain last year.
Bertie.jpg

*with apologies to the late Sir Terry Pratchett
So beautifully expressed. So sad.
Hitting "like" is inappropriate.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
A touching farewell to an old friend, nicely written DBK.. I am not a great animal person but I can understand the difficulty of parting with what becomes a family member.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I know how you must be feeling. They are so much part of the family. I dread the day I need to make the decision.

Rip Bertie

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I took my old mongrel to the vets many years ago ,it's an experience that has stayed with me,at the time I was about 18 , I was what may be called a skinhead then , I thought I was hard , I was wearing doc martins,levi stay press,braces,Harrington jacket etc , don't know what I looked like walking back home ,dressed like that and in tears . The vets did not even have ventilation to blame:cool:

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
So sorry to hear of the loss of Bertie :cry: And you did the right thing staying with him. I've stayed with all of my dogs when the time has come to say goodbye ,i wouldn't have had it any other way, they went to sleep for the last time in my arms, and by the way all vets have very bad ventilation and loads of dust. Mew & Mick

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Tears in my eyes thinking of the pain you went through going through that with your little friend. I had to do the same and I wouldn't have had it any other way. To make her face death in another person's arms would be unthinkable. I'm glad I was the last person she saw. Giving me kisses till the end. Bless her.

Reactions: DBK

Deleted User
So sorry for your loss. They give us such unconditional love right to the end. Dreading when our eldest ones time comes X

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back