combined grey waste and toilet (1 Viewer)

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
A research Hymer vehicle is running a combined grey water system whereby the toilet waste is liquified and put in the grey tank. Whilst I understand that some of you with American units may be used to this, what should the others know? and do you empty in the same way?
Add to that a fridge you can access from outside, why? Its unnecessary and a security risk.
What do we think?

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
No problem with it as long as you dont let it go on the campsite pitch and empty it in a designated dump point.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
No American units are not used to this. They have separate black and grey tanks. :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
The RVs I have owned have a black tank for the toilet waste, and grey tank(s) for the shower/sink waste.
Empty the black tank first (into a sewer waste), then flush the pipework with the grey. Never let the black into the grey.
If you cannot let the black tank go, you can empty the grey into a drain, and do the black later.

Craig

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I can see problems with smells using this proposed method.

Urine stinks if left for more than 24 hours. Poo can be held in a cassette with little smell using a SOG and Bio liquid if urine is limited and disposed of separately. I can go 10 days between emptying the cassette using this method with 2 using the loo Full timing wilding. If moving about regularly I try to empty more often. A cassette is easier to empty in the UK as we don't have the luxury of Bourne empting. There is one MSA in the UK with a dump facility that is at Cobham on the M25 cost £5 to dump and no drinking water available.

I think the American two tanks method is preferable to putting the toilet waste into the grey water tank. Fit a moderator to the outlet for easier pumping to a remote drain.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back