Combination microwave oven (1 Viewer)

Tazdog

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
Hi
My Motorhome has no oven or microwave but is does have space for one or the other. My wife wondered whether a combination microwave oven could be the answer. Has anyone got any experience of one? I would welcome your comments and suggestions. Many Thanks.::bigsmile:

caz

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Anywhere
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi - We lived in an RV for years - had an oven (gas) and a combination oven. Very rarely used the gas one. The combination oven was fantastic -cooked everthing an ordinary oven did.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We have had a combination oven for about 15 to 20 years or may have been longer at HOME they are just like a normal oven when used as a convection oven .....or just like a micro wave oven when used in micro mode....I would never buy one that was NOT a combo now...hope this helps:thumb: ours is a Panasonic and it has been fine, no trouble

Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
We had a combination unit at home for 10 years, SWMBO bought it and I was a bit skeptical at first, but after a while I found it to be fantastic, we had a larger main oven but after a short time we only used that for the Xmas turkey and a few other things, mostly we used the combination unit, either in microwave or conventional mode (Or you could do both if you wanted!)

It was a Belling, sadly after 10 years the klystron (I think that's what it's called) packed up in the microwave part probably because we used it two or three times every day (Almost)

Belling don't seem to make this model anymore and it was a tad too big for a MH but if you can find a slightly smaller one I would say go for it, it will be a much better choice than a gas oven, I doubt you'll ever find it won't do what you want assuming you don't cook a whole turkey every Sunday :ROFLMAO:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Great idea, agree with everyone else I wouldn't buy a normal microwave again it would have to be a combi, microwave, grill, and fan oven, some combis are just microwave and grill, so double check you are getting what you want when you buy.

Also some have a better range of control over the mix of different functions, e.g. independent control over the oven temp or level of microwave power when being used in conjunction with the grill or oven.

Just one other point I would think you would need to ensure sufficient ventilation around the appliance which could be substantial so double check if you were thinking of building into a cupboard.

Hope that helps.

Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
combi

Hi
We had combi put in when we started full timing 2.1/2 years ago - brilliant - wouldnt be without it now. Was concerned as it seemed tight into the space above gas cooker (which drove me mad as could not get my head round the american gas oven temperatures - hit or miss seemed the options!).:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Decided to replace this year as door had slight crack in it and window keep steaming up between glass.:Doh:

Got a Panasonic Inverter - and Motorhome medics:thumb: put it in while doing some other jobs - seems original one did not have enough ventilation and found melted bits at back etc etc and ceiling above had started to discolour.

They were brilliant and now have safe combi - other one was potential for melt down.

It works fine on the generator when we off site so no problems.

Lesson learned about built in one - needs ventilation big time it gets very hot when on convection.

Enjoy how easy it is and enjoy lifestyle - its fantastic:thumb::thumb:

Jaen xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back