lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
just started my self build rebuild been stood for 4 years and before then spend its life as a motorcycle race truck (V5'd as a motorcaravan phgv)

the outside needs a full paint but cant decide on a colour. white with grahics is the normal choice (whites great for hiding dent and ripples aswell)
but i really fancy black or black with a dark gray 2tone job

any ideas gals and guys shes 28ft so a lot to paint do any sites have probs with huge black motorhomes etc....
this is how she looks at the mo the previous owner started sanding it 4 years ago
Broken Link Removed

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Two tone Grey would look fantastic on that van. Good luck:thumb:

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Two tone Grey would look fantastic on that van. Good luck:thumb:
thinking bit like the rv of "meet the fockers" movie (fortunately i spray paint)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
she will be getting some bigger windows as well she only has 3 ( 4 sky light tho)

walter senior

Free Member
Jan 7, 2011
forgue aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
a clas iveco 29ft
Exp
iveco motorhome.

just started my self build rebuild been stood for 4 years and before then spend its life as a motorcycle race truck (V5'd as a motorcaravan phgv)

the outside needs a full paint but cant decide on a colour. white with grahics is the normal choice (whites great for hiding dent and ripples aswell)
but i really fancy black or black with a dark gray 2tone job

any ideas gals and guys shes 28ft so a lot to paint do any sites have probs with huge black motorhomes etc....
this is how she looks at the mo the previous owner started sanding it 4 years ago
Broken Link Removed
hi lee just sent you a private e,mail send one back if you get it walter,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
whites great for hiding dent and ripples

I don't know why but I read this as white with apples!! But thinking about it that would be very funky - pearl white withe bright green apples.

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
whites great for hiding dent and ripples

I don't know why but I read this as white with apples!! But thinking about it that would be very funky - pearl white withe bright green apples.

like u say whites great for hiding a mulitude of sins and with black am gonna have to spent an awfull lot of time on the prep mmmmm what to do

just with the size of it if its painted white i dont want it to look like a giant fridge lumbering down the road lol

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Have you thought about 'wrapping' it. Here is a photo of a humongous boat which is being wrapped including below the waterline to stop barnacle damage. My friend in Holland is actually part of the team who are wrapping this boat and he has also 'wrapped' his own car.

Attachments

• boat wrap small.jpg
    boat wrap small.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Have you thought about 'wrapping' it. Here is a photo of a humongous boat which is being wrapped including below the waterline to stop barnacle damage. My friend in Holland is actually part of the team who are wrapping this boat and he has also 'wrapped' his own car.
i had thought about it but honestly dont think i could afford it (used to be a sign fitter so could do it myself )

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp

just priced up a gloss black wrap gonna cost me 300 notes in vinyl or if i paint it ill be about 200 notes

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
This is the colour you need :thumb:
Ask the owner Katie Price for the colour code, but then she might ask you in for tea afterwards :Eeek::cry:

Attachments

• article-1202789-05E025F5000005DC-82_468x400.jpg
    article-1202789-05E025F5000005DC-82_468x400.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 21

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Just remember, black attracts the heat and will make it very hot inside if travelling to warmer climes, even in the summer in the UK, know this from past experience.

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Just remember, black attracts the heat and will make it very hot inside if travelling to warmer climes, even in the summer in the UK, know this from past experience.
thats a good point hadnt even thought of that maybes a white then and some tasteful graphics

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Although very smart it will be a devil to keep clean. Every speck of dust will show up. Talking from experience as my car is a very nice maroonish colour which looks lovely when clean but it doesn't last very long, only about a week! :thumb:

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Although very smart it will be a devil to keep clean. Every speck of dust will show up. Talking from experience as my car is a very nice maroonish colour which looks lovely when clean but it doesn't last very long, only about a week! :thumb:
i know what you mean I have owned many black cars and bikes and they look fantastic when clean, but the minute you turn your back their dusty again and they can age quite quickly every mark swirl dent you name it is screaming at you

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
do any sites have probs with huge black motorhomes etc....

Just clicked your link, I should have looked earlier. That's one big beast.

Paint that black and go anywhere with good weather and you'll bake in it. That's one reason they paint them white. Esp GRP which can have real problems with heat.

Go white but get some serious graphics on it.

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Exactly what I was thinking. You'll cook inside it.:whatthe: Matt black would be even worse as it would absorb the heat even worse. T'would be good for winter though.:thumb:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
What about Red, White and Blue in the shape of the Union Flag.

Display to the world that you are British and Proud.

They do it with the Mini

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Just clicked your link, I should have looked earlier. That's one big beast.

Paint that black and go anywhere with good weather and you'll bake in it. That's one reason they paint them white. Esp GRP which can have real problems with heat.

Go white but get some serious graphics on it.

aye shes not a bad size am not gonna say how much it was but if i weighed it in for scrap I would make money ::bigsmile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have noticed modern vans are moving away from the traditional colours that motorhomes have always been and are now going for the metallic greys and gunmetal's.
A van of that size has to be thought out thoroughly otherwise it will always look like a prison van or library bus. Even the older horse boxes are looking like modern vehicles when painted in these newer metallic colours.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back