Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
We have had out MH for a few weeks and it is literally driving me mad. The sides and part of the back have gone a cream colour. I have tried all sorts to rectify it and nothing has helped, although it has a good shine the colour remains the same. Probably how it left the showroom, I don't know?

Anyway after exploring several option I have resigned myself to the fact that there is nothing I can do short or a re spray, which wouldn't be cost effective. So alternatively I am debating having the cab wrapped in a matt dark grey to match the lower trim on the sides. Do you think this will look ok or ruin the look or our MH?

I know its a 13 yr old van so it wont look as new but my OCD wont let me accept it!

Here is how it looks now (you can see the colour difference on photo and its worse in person )
campervan.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It is not uncommon for the rear and cab to be different shades of 'white' from new, sometimes the locker doors are different too depending on whether they have used the same material for the infil panels. It can also be caused by a MH being sat with the sun on one area for a long time - such as those 'sun-seeking oaps' who go to warmer climates for months on end. Whilst there may be a way to improve it I doubt if you'll get it to match totally and if you 'tart up' one bit it could easily make the rest look even worse. Stop 'looking' at it and start using it ... that'll soon take your mind of the colour as you'll be enjoying going out in it too much!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Passed what i think was a bailey yesterday.
the cab was very dark blue, almost black, and it looked a real mess.
it just didnt fit in with the white body and spoilt the look of the whole van.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Paint the cab day glow orange then your eyes will be drawn to the cab instead of the body. :ROFLMAO:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
You don't see the outside when you are inside, feet up with a beer!

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
The difference in colour is because of a difference in materials, no amount of cleaning/polishing will alter that. You could change the colour on the cab but be careful what you change it to. How about some decals or similar on the cab to soften the difference?

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
If both sides as you say are showing a different colour then other people won't notice anything out of the ordinary, it's you that is noticing the colour difference. There are more important things in life and discolouration is not one of them!
Don't mean to be rude.
Etap

OP
OP
B

Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
Screenshot_2015-07-28-09-36-03.png
I know what your all saying and my part of me agrees that the money could be spent on other things. Had a play with photo app to see what it would look like if it was a matt black with black down sides instead of grey. ..

OP
OP
B

Babyell

Free Member
Jun 23, 2015
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Anthus
Exp
My daughter said it looks like we crashed the van and that was all the scrap yard had! Lol

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Leave the poor van alone, it looks in lovely condition, it would look ghastly with a black/grey cab. As soon as you drive it somewhere on a dusty or wet day a bit of dirt spray will soon even things up.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
View attachment 70560 I know what your all saying and my part of me agrees that the money could be spent on other things. Had a play with photo app to see what it would look like if it was a matt black with black down sides instead of grey. ..

Looks like a 5'er without a tug;)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
When you are driving it you can't see it.
When you get there you are too busy opening the bottles.
When you go out exploring you can't see it.

What on earth is the problem then ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back