Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi all

Well, I collected Millie Morello from Wellhouse leisure last weekend. I had to go away to work, so had to abandon her for the week.

I do not have a drive to sleep on, so thought I know, I will park on my daughters drive, and test it all out.

Well, I have a hook up lead, but no mains add on, so could not plug in. Batteries low, so I bottled it and slept in the house.

i think the reality is sinking in! Gas bottle is empty, and I don't have a spanner. Or any idea where to get it changed in Malvern. Not sure if there is one leisure battery or two. The Murvi handbook suggests two, but they are stored under the drivers seat, and I can't see. Wellhouse said there was one. My water hose pipe is in Devon, with the connectors!

Chester next weekend, and I was not able to get ehu. I think i will be sitting in a dark van with a torch. The heating is diesel, so at least I will be warm. And the bed seems comfortable.

On the plus side I have 4 new tyres, fitted in November last year. And she is OK to drive. I just have to get used to the column change, which is a bit stiff. 5th gear is a two step operation.

Oh, and there is an alarm fitted, as I found out when I opened the side door with a key last night. Fumbling for the fob seemed to take an age. Apparently it has a panic button too, but think I will wait to test that. My daughter likes her neighbours.

The control system seems very intuitive, unlike Burstner! However, without power or gas, I can't really play with it.

Scared, and yet a bit excited too.

Reactions: DBK

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Last year when we stayed at Blackmoor the fiver next to us said he got calor at the marina in Upton I think it was, he'd been all round looking and ended up there.

Liz

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Although your heating is diesel, you will need 12v power to operate it. I think you need to sort out your 12v system before you go to Chester so that you will have heating and, indeed, light. Good luck and hope you enjoy Chester. We may see you there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Dbk knows everything there is to know about the morello, he may be lurking somewhere!!!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There is a gas place at Lee Mill industrial estate, by the big Tesco if you know it. They will be able to change your bottle(s) and should have a spanner to sell you. Your new MH was made a few hundred yards from there so just tell Millie to go home and let her do the steering. :)

Not sure about your battery(ies) after a long drive they should have been fully charged. There may be an electrical problem although I suspect a new battery or two may be required. :unsure:

If you are going that way call in to Murvi and I am sure they can give you a guided tour of Millie and find the leisure battery(ies)! Rex (Mr Murvi) just doesn't do the hard sell so your purse will be safe. :LOL:

Then head for Plymouth and buy an adapter for the EHU lead at Go Outdoors - or there is another MH place at Lee Mill, Marquis, who should have one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi Jonsea. Thanks for the offer. I drove into Worcester and bought a mains to hook up adaptor, so it is charging now. Maybe new batteries are necessary. I only drove about 30 minutes, after it had been sat all week, so maybe not enough to charge it.

Back to work tomorrow in Taunton. May have to look for a motorhome place on the way to Chester, for new batteries. Rats, it will be Good Friday, that won't work. Still not sure what to do about that. Maybe I can get it sorted next weekend. Can anyone recommend somewhere near Worcester/Hereford?

The gas had been left on, so I turned it off, no wonder it showed empty. When I went out with a borrowed spanner, i noticed a hiss, turned the tap the other way, and the display went up to halfway. It is a gaslow gauge, with two connections. Only one bottle. The previous owner has written the weights and capacity of butane/propane and a light weight bottle. Maybe the other one was a lightweight, or full!

So, that was a result, i do have gas.

Plugged into the mains now, charging.

On another note, I was showing it off to my daughter, went round the back to show her the bike rack, and it is not there! I will have to contact Wellhouse Leisure on Monday, and ask if they took it off for something, service or MOT and forgot to put it back. I don't remember whether it was attached when I drove off. Too excited to get going.

Karen

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It will take at least 30h to charge each 100Ah on EHU so do allow plenty of time. Although the leisure battery(s) are being charged when the engine is running it would take a very long journey to fully charge it (them). You would need to drive for a couple of days non stop. Normally they should not get anywhere near fully discharged so the problem doesn't arise.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back