LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Collecting New Hymer Today in Belgium, travelled all day yesterday on Bus, Train,Tube and then Eurostar.
Dealer should be arriving fairly soon at hotel, then the van can be viewed in the flesh for the first time, EXCITED, you bet we are, BUT more so the FUNSTERS who are buying it. CUS IT AINT US.
A purchase will be made, a van will be collected and teturned to the UK by two very happy Funsters.
Lets all wish them well on here, just who they are is not for me to tell, but dont look for the Funster Smily, as the van rolls off the Ferry, check out the BIG SMILING FACES of the occupants.
Thats all I am saying, so lets wish them GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY MOTORHOMING.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Missed yesterdays post what have they bought?

Once they have done it they will wonder what all the fuss was about and why they worried....your a good friend aren't you:)

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Good Friends, sure are, however even good friends, are kept in the dark a little.
We expect to see their purchase in Totana in the New Year, we will reserve them a Premium Pitch for their stay with us.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
They must be very good friends missing out on the excitement of letting someone else collect their pride and joy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We have sets of van keys and what can only be described as a library of manuals for our new van. Even the step has a manual.
Thanks @jumar and @jumartoo for putting up with our worried mitherings. We have appreciated it and we are looking forward to seeing you.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Enjoy your new motorhome and we hope you have many happy trips! It is nerve wracking at first ! But soon becomes second nature and we love to leave all our stuff in so we only have to load food and set off!:)

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Enjoy ya travels in the new Van(y)Regards Alf.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Congratulations! Enjoy yourselves! We picked up a new van from Germany in August. Nerve wracking, at times, but well worth it!

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I'm sitting here in a poxy boiler room waiting on a test to finish and I'm not jealous no not one wee bit :)

I have to wait until January before I make the same trip to Belgium to see my new baby :D

Like I said I'm not jealous

I'm sure you will have a great time ,congrats on your purchase

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We have sets of van keys and what can only be described as a library of manuals for our new van. Even the step has a manual.
Thanks @jumar and @jumartoo for putting up with our worried mitherings. We have appreciated it and we are looking forward to seeing you.

Ah so its you is it!:) make sure you get a good PDI. my advice stay local tonight and go back in the morning if unsure about anything

I have a big bag of books as well from last import..never looked at them

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for all the kind messages. Yes we are grinning at how lovely it is. Mrjenben has spent a lot of time being briefed on electrics and the satellite system (new toy).
We got some really great help via this forum on buying abroad which helped us in taking that step. And here we are now, on a sunny November day, sitting in our new van at a Belgian dealer.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Hymer Exsis I 578.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Collecting New Hymer Today in Belgium, travelled all day yesterday on Bus, Train,Tube and then Eurostar.
Dealer should be arriving fairly soon at hotel, then the van can be viewed in the flesh for the first time, EXCITED, you bet we are, BUT more so the FUNSTERS who are buying it. CUS IT AINT US.
A purchase will be made, a van will be collected and teturned to the UK by two very happy Funsters.
Lets all wish them well on here, just who they are is not for me to tell, but dont look for the Funster Smily, as the van rolls off the Ferry, check out the BIG SMILING FACES of the occupants.
Thats all I am saying, so lets wish them GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY MOTORHOMING.
Just chill out and take it in your stride, can be a very frustrating day at Campirana, lovely people, great prices, but totally disorganised. If you are following Emmanuel driving your shiny new van to the port you be wondering how he ever passed a driving test, just ignor all the warning lights that come up on his car that you will be driving & following in, it's all part of the experience.
Good luck.:)

Edit:
Confused it's not you collecting the Hymer then?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Exciting times - good luck with the trip back

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
It fits on the drive, it looks lovely and was a very comfortable journey back home.

Stage 1 finished (van bought in Europe and brought back).

We now we move onto Stage 2, getting it registered in the UK. We luckily have a garage at the end of our road and the MOT chap is popping in this morning to do the DVLA 'mutual recognition' checks.

I plan to take my van kettle, cups and my tea bags and some milk to my new van and have a cup of tea in it. :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It fits on the drive, it looks lovely and was a very comfortable journey back home.

Stage 1 finished (van bought in Europe and brought back).

We now we move onto Stage 2, getting it registered in the UK. We luckily have a garage at the end of our road and the MOT chap is popping in this morning to do the DVLA 'mutual recognition' checks.

I plan to take my van kettle, cups and my tea bags and some milk to my new van and have a cup of tea in it. :)

So did dealer adjust headlights, change the speedo and move fog light?

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Mrjenben has done the speedo himself this morning. The dealer would have done it but we didn't take the speedo with us.:whistle:

To be honest he was happy doing this himself and it has taken 10 minutes this morning along with fog light and head lights.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I would just like to say that never having been able to buy anything so lovely and new straight from the production line,with all the nice treatment you must get it must just be an amazing experience ! it must make you feel incredibly special (and maybe lucky) to know you have worked so hard to gain exactly what you want...Enjoy

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
And finally picked ours up on Friday -been to Southampton and back this weekend to see wife's brother, well chuffed with it...

IMG_3728.jpg
IMG_3724.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
How beautiful is your new van?! Lovely . Have amazing holidays in her. And I love your message on the back!

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
How beautiful is your new van?! Lovely . Have amazing holidays in her. And I love your message on the back!
Thank you. Had to explain the meaning to the nice Polish guy who put it on the back for us!!! Never heard of Peter Pan or Star Trek - go figure :xgrin::xgrin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back