Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
I am wondering how many of us are in for some surprises when getting the vans ready to use after the cold weather? I carefully drained down (I thought:Doh:) but on refilling and testing the system the shower head has split! No big deal and not expensive but thank goodness that was all I had forgotten. Also in spite of driving a few miles every few weeks the wipers have developed a strange fault. Note to self USE VAN OVER WINTER.:thumb:

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
Though ours has been laid up since the end of October, ive been in there almost weekly. Checked the batteries, made sure its never been freezing, run the engine a time or two, moved the van a yard to give the tyres a turn etc. If i get any surprises, ill be very surprised.:roflmto:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Always, always, open taps UNSCREW shower head...don't lose the o-ring!:thumb:

£30 I think a new head is....without pipe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We've used the RV throughout the winter and all seemed OK, until i went to get water from the outside shower, pipes and taps OK but the mixer bit, ie lst bit before shower pipe burst:Doh:

OK I've got a new one from Duncan, about £26 but note to self, don't just rely on opening taps but blow down the thing:thumb:

Actually we got a couple of in line isolator taps I'm looking to instal before next year so once we have the first drain down I can isolate the outside shower and hopefully not have the same issue, and frankly I rarely use it except as in this case I wanted water to wash the wheel trims down...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back