Cold draught coming in Autotrail 615 (1 Viewer)

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
ok so got heating on it's relatively toasty but cold draught coming in from underneath driver/ pass seats ?
I've had my hand down there and there's a wooden section with a 6 inch cutout in it each side anyone else had the cold air coming in can area ?

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
If its a Fiat have a look under the van you should see up the piller were the seat belts are attached
if its open the draft can come up there ,sometings they have a grill I think I have seen something on the forum
to cover the grills (may be a fiat Part )

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Yes it's a fiat I've temp shoved a towel down behind seat from cab up top.
not been underneath yet but sure to soon re your suggestion Ime sure it must be that
Thanks for seat belt tip !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup.. Look underneath the van and on one side there is a plastic cover over a large hole ( its about 5" square from memory ) and on tother side it will have a vent / grill affair
I pulled out the plastic grill, covered the hole with gaffa tape and then forced the grill back in
There are also vents on some vans in the door jam ( actually in the door ! ) I taped those over too :)

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Possibly cold transfer from the unheated area (the cab) . My brother in laws Auto Trail is the same , you can feel the cold from the cab.
Unlike our mhome being a class there are heating ducts from the truma in the cab and around the windscreen so no unheated area.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
When we had a Tracker I filled the bottom of the pillars with fire proof expanding foam that helped but it was always draughty in the cab area.
Got an Aclass now no draughts and toasty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Something a LOT of people miss is to switch the cab heater to recirculate otherwise there is a ruddy great hole in the front of the van with cold air ducting straight from the outside !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back