Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
When I get calls selling anything, I say "that's amazing, we broke a window today, (double glazing) or we have just received a smallish inheritance (finance) when can you come and quote, just give me a second to get a pen, then I put the phone near tv or radio and see how long it takes them to hang up.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I have all my phones on silent and 1571 takes all the calls. The people that matter know my mobile.

Must admit though that I do like the Indian guy who tells me my computer has a virus. I am really good at "thick as pigshit" perhaps because I have a head start on most of you.

Reactions: GJH

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I think you are all being horrid and mean to those misunderstood ladies and gentlemen who are only trying to earn a few shillings in order to put food on the table for their children and elderly relatives.

Imagine the poor souls having to sit in a booth for hours and hours and trying to help other people out by giving them the chance to buy wonderful items over the phone at bargain prices.

Make the next cold caller you get really happy by buying something from them.

After all, it is the season of good will to all men (and women).

JJ :cool:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
That's very thoughtful JJ, we'll pass on your number. Now what was the catchphrase, I know a man who does?

Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
Can't remember the exact details but we were getting regular calls from some nana who wouldn't take no for an answer so when he rung again, my wife answered the phone with "Good afternoon, Cumbria Trading Standards, how can I help?" Line went dead in a heartbeat and he never rang again.

Bruce

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS
A good way of getting a little revenge on the double glazing and conservatory firms that cold call is to let them give you the sales talk. Let them think that you could be interested in a conservatory. Ask lots of sensible questions about their product,how long will it take Ect Once you have really got them going, give them the go ahead to survey for a quotation You then give them the news that you live on the third floor would this be a problem. It`s really good to get their reaction. Try it sometime

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
My favourite one was an Indian lady called Mary. I did tell her I wasn't interested but she continued her life style questionnaire and then started asking personal questions.When asked why she needed to ask these things she answered it was all part of the survey. She then got very annoyed and upset and told me I was rude and ignorant among other things when I asked her, "when did you last have sexual intercourse" We have not had that number come up since that day

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back