Cobra Plus Tracker (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
We have almost purchased our MH at last-(Deposit paid) and we want to have a tracker fitted prior to the MH being handed over to us from the dealer to ensure we do not compromise our insurance .
I clearly understand that there are some questions that should not be answered in an open forum like this so if anyone is confident to PM me I would really appreciate that.
My question is then where is considered a "safe" place to install the device?
Regards
Ian

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Probably best to let your installer decide, in reality you as the owner do not really need to know where it is, just that it works.

As an aside but related we had a motorhome in this week for service that we fitted a tracking system to a couple of years ago. One day last year the van was all packed ready to roll in the morning for a continental holiday, everything was in the van: cameras, video cameras, laptops, clothes, food, you name it and it was on board. Owner came out in the morning to find big empty space where his motorhome should be:eek::cry::(. Phoned police and tracking company and within an hour they had located it and all their posessions were still inside, the only damage was to the steering column surround and steering lock/ignition switch. Van was lifted with a low loader.

So the moral is trackers do work, in fact the police commented that usually the trackers will get them within 1/4 mile but on this occasion it located the van to within ten metres!

D.

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
We have a Cobra Plus Tracker. If it detects any kind of movement without the keys in the ignition, it'll flag an alarm - Cobra call the nominated number etc. Same if the cab battery is disconnected - as embarrassingly I found out recently :winky:

Ian - I'll PM you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We have almost purchased our MH at last-(Deposit paid) and we want to have a tracker fitted prior to the MH being handed over to us from the dealer to ensure we do not compromise our insurance .
I clearly understand that there are some questions that should not be answered in an open forum like this so if anyone is confident to PM me I would really appreciate that.
My question is then where is considered a "safe" place to install the device?
Regards
Ian

I have had a Tracker on several cars over the years it never crossed my mind to even ask where they fitted it, I don't think it something you can buy and fit yourself anyway

Would be interested in what kind of money it costs you though, your post has reminded me we have no theft cover until I get one fitted

Upvote 0
M

Madwife

Deleted User
Our new to us MH had a cobra alarm but no tracker so arranged with phantom to fit a new one. We were very impressed with their previous service and continue to be as Howie was virtually on first name terms with the control unit this week as it kept alarming! We don't know where it's fitted in the MH but it works well as with the iPhone phantom link you can check where you are and it showed us to within a few cms of where we were parked!

Kath

Upvote 0
T

Tackle man

Deleted User
I had a Phantom tracker fitted to my new van last year. They do work!
I made an error and was notified by Phantom while I was driving. The very efficient person on the other end wanted to confirm it was me driving before they immobilised the van and called the police.
My wife took the call.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
IanF
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
I have had a Tracker on several cars over the years it never crossed my mind to even ask where they fitted it, I don't think it something you can buy and fit yourself anyway

Would be interested in what kind of money it costs you though, your post has reminded me we have no theft cover until I get one fitted
It cost £250 plus £140 annual subscription

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I had a Phantom tracker fitted to my new van last year. They do work!
I made an error and was notified by Phantom while I was driving. The very efficient person on the other end wanted to confirm it was me driving before they immobilised the van and called the police.
My wife took the call.

Dave

Excuse my ignorance but how can you make a mistake with a tracker, I thought they were simply activated by motion without the key in ignition, or by reporting a theft

We always used to get a call just after we boarded a ferry at Dover or Hull. Tracker get naturally twitchy with activations by ports, but they cant stop the sea bobbing the boats up and down!!

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
My insurance company would not allow me to fit the Tracker, it had to be fitted by a recognised installer. I do agree that there seem to be only a limited number of places where it can go and I am guessing that any thief who knew there was a tracker fitted would search for and locate it fairly quickly. So the last thing I would do is put a sticker on my window saying 'I have a tracker fitted.'
Alan

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back