Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
Has anyone had a cobra M.H. alarm when the arming reverses.

[you lock the doors the alarm turns off you unlock and it turns on] I now know the routine to reset it but every so often it reverses again.

Am I alone or has someone else suffered this.

Cobra say not heard of it happening before.

Kanberlingo

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10yrs. & 20yrs towing.
Cobra MH alarm. What a nightmare.
We've recently changed our MH to a 2007 Chausson Allegro 83 on Renault Master running gear. The alarm is the Toad using the Cobra system. Supposed to be the bees knees of alarms. Yeah right. The first time we took the MH out to check all the onboard systems, we went to a favourite day out beauty spot for a few hours walking. After arriving & having had a brew, we closed the MH up & hit the Toad fob. Nothing, Zilch, bugger all. No central locking activated, nor alarm. So standing there looking stupid, suddenly the alarm goes off. So I zap it, but after a few seconds it's off again, & again & again. So now we can't leave it to do our walk, so decide to drive the 60 odd miles back home. Now the comedy starts. I have to take the alarm fob off the key ring & let SWMBO hold it whilst I drive, zapping it as soon as the bloody alarm goes of, & the doors are locking & unlocking at the same time. (You couldn't make this up) Having got home, to their credit, the supplier came out to re-programme it & all was well, or so we thought. A week later, we shoot off for a 5 week, various location holiday. Arriving on site, you've guessed it, the alarm sets off again. So I manage to shut it off & ring the same guy that came out to it, who, having explained to him the events that are now taking place 100 odd miles away, says he can't understand it & can't offer a solution over the 'phone. So we go the entire holiday, locking & unlocking the MH from the inside & leaving it with no security whatsoever.
The MH had to go into the dealers on our return for a few warranty jobs, & the alarm problem was explained, but they couldn't find a fault with it. So I must not be holding my face in a dead-pan style to operate the system effectively. The MH is now stood behind my property, & we've used the alarm each time we've locked up for the night, having got the MH ready for another few weeks away. One day last week, I simply walked passed it to the garage, when all hell broke loose, which resulted with a mad dash into the house for the fob. We'll see what happens when we are away next week. Alarms, BAH! :Angry:

PS. duetto owner, what routine do you use to re-set.

Cheers

BeeJay

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hang on a minute........if there is a routine to reset it then that routine must have been developed by Cobra.
yet they havent heard of the fault:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
duetto owner

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
Kanberlingo

to reset the alarm get in vehicle close all doors turn on alarm via fob as normal - put key in ignition start engine - turn engine off pull out key and turn alarm of using fob.

normally works first attempt occasionally had to repeat up to 3 times.

The fitter has been helpful but is lost on how to solve the problem.

Kanberlingo

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10yrs. & 20yrs towing.
Thanks for that.:thumb:

All these high-falluting security systems aren't a patch on the old Selmar Car Alarm.
Come on, you must remember them.:ROFLMAO: :winky:

OP
OP
duetto owner

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
I was considering strikeback, clifford and cobra. I was then offered cobra £100 cheaper and it could be fitted prior to collection of M.H.

now wishing I had gone for one of the other options.

putting the present problem aside the siren is no as loud as I would have liked it so many alarms have a poor siren these days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back