Coat Hangers And Clothes Fall Off Of Rail, Any Ideas. (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
May I just point out that the fact that somebody screams loudly and runs in the opposite direction isn't universally acknowledged as a sign of friendship (y)
Thats funny. I usually find that people tend to run towards us. And not louts or thugs, but policemen........:)

Ian is B

Free Member
Apr 15, 2015
Wellington Somerset
Funster No
MH
panel van conversion
Exp
new
Same with us. Stuff the wardrobe full. A hanging shoe bag at each end helps ... for shoes, paperback books or even wine bottles. Not had any problems.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Nothing more annoying than rattling hangers, let alone clothes falling off. I use some of the smaller sized plastic hand clamps and scrunch the hangers together on the rail. Stops rattles and doesn't crease the clothes; just keeps hangers together tightly and the fabric of each garment prevents any movement.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Of course not......

All my clothes get folded and put into lockers. The wardrobe has shelves in it now :)

I have started to pack my clothes into daily plastic bags, so much easier to grab a bag containing all I need than start to sort through piles of clothes :) They also pack to a much smaller space as well.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
IMAG0643.jpg
IMAG0644.jpg
IMAG0646.jpg
Easy peasy.... Just have a look ... It works perfectly!;)(y):cool:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
All sounds very complicated to me just take more clothes, nothing in our wardrobe moves :D

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Back when I had a wardrobe and clothes that needed one... I cut a length of wood the same width as the wardrobe and just under the same height as the gap between the rail and the top of the wardrobe. I then used a magnetic catch at either end of the rail to hold this bit of wood on. When I got to destination the wood went to the bottom of the wardrobe.

These days I don't buy any clothes that need ironing or hanging. Everything now either goes on the floor or in a drawer :p. However I am single and have never been near anything that could be called fashionable or smart. I can get away with stuff like this :whistle:(y). The good thing about getting rid of the wardrobe was I could also get rid of the iron and ironing board. Another household task consigned to history :LOL:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years

IF your rail is the round variety take it out of the mountings, measure a length of waste water plastic hose (ribbed) pass the rail through it make sure that the internal diameter is as near as the rail's outside dia' then buy yourself some hangers that are treated with garment anti slip coating and that the 'hook' fits within the hose's rib.( hangers are usually metal) that should sort your problem out we have done this to two MH's completely sorted the problem !!

We have this in our motorhome and it works a treat. Each hanger stays put in each 'rib' on the pipe so doesn't drop off - didn't buy any special hangers they all seem to work ok and can actually seem to get more in the wardrobe - no idea how ?????

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Why not just SLOW DOWN?

JJ :cool:

I have just driven about 5k miles on the continent and our clothes hangers only jumped off about 3 times which I reckon is pretty good going when you think how many raised pedestrian crossings and speed humps we went over in all that time!

I like the all the tips and will be trying some of them out!

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
etap

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Thanks for all the replies, the rail in our Chausson is oval (pointing upwards) also the rail is across the MH at the rear above garage, so I suppose this is the problem, I will try a few of the suggestions.
Etap

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We lagged our clothes rail with a layer of Grip mat, the thin sort you use for packing plates/cups etc. that stops them clattering and they stay on the rail!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back