coachline tape

Discussion in 'Website Help' started by Pete45, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Pete45

Pete45 Read Only Funster

Hi All,been looking for new coachline tape for my RV,as the old coachline is not looking that good now.but it need to be 2" wide,been on eBay,that was no good.
    So may be one of you may know were i may get it from,the RV is 35ft.thanks for looking. Pete & Shirl (Arizona Chief) :thumb:

2. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Try a local vehicle signwriter. They will be able to copy the originals or if you want a change do something totally different!! :thumb:

Only problem tends to be getting the old ones off without damaging the paint:cry:

3. johng

johng Read Only Funster

sorry to hijack..

but is there any product that can make a neat edging around the seams of my old van?

it needs to be flexible, cheap, and somehow waterproof... I just want to neaten the outside edges where the roof meets the walls etc..tape doesnt really work..

dont forget this is an old van that loves ingenuiety

:Smile:

4. savantuk

savantuk Read Only Funster

5. johng

johng Read Only Funster

:BigGrin:

A large oil tanker would value it as an anchor :Rofl1:

thanks

6. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

To remove old decals use a hair drier on them, they will then peel off.

When putiing new ones on, put some diluted washing up liquid on the van and this will allow you to slip the decals about into position. Use a cloth the 'rub' out any air bubbles.

Once the liquid dries off underneath the decal, it will stick.

Peter

7. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Clean off the old mastic, use masking tape for the edges and then use Sikaflex 512 to seal, once its set, remove masking tape and you will have a neat join.

Costs £8-50 a tube.

Peter

Sikaflex-512 Caravan is a novel all-purpose adhesive and sealant, designed for the build and repair of caravans, motor homes and trailers.
    Recognising a need among owners and enthusiasts, Sika is making available a professional product, not previously available to the general public.
    Sikaflex-512 Caravan, is a professional-grade, one-part polyurethane hybrid that can be used externally and internally, and bonds and seals in one operation.
    It has excellent adhesion to most surfaces, needs little preparation, and can be smoothed when wet, or sanded when cured, for a perfect finish.
    It is user friendly, with low odour, and no mixing or mess.
    Joints produced with Sikaflex-512 Caravan are strong, watertight, permanently elastic and do not shrink.
    They are UV resistant, colour stable, do not cause staining and are resistant to aging and weathering.
    Sikaflex-512 Caravan's high bond strength reduces the need for screws and fixings, which in turn reduces the chance of water ingress, and its permanently elastic characteristic (when cured it can be stretched by 400%) reduces noise and vibration.
    Sikaflex-512 Caravan, which is available in 300ml cartridges, is a premium product, as used by leading manufacturers, and is ideal for such jobs as awning rails, TV antennas, gasket sealing and gap filling, furniture bonding, lap and butt joints and many other applications around a caravan, motor home or trailer

8. johng

johng Read Only Funster

Thanks Peter, I think I was looking at a uniform plastic covering.. that is flexible to fold/ bend 90° and also to cope with the other angles along the roof/overcab..

I have tried tape but it creases and looks naff.. maybe I am asking for something that doesn't exist.. or trying to bodge my way through..

Wouldn't do any harm to buy a tube of sikaflex and experiment.

:thumb:

9. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

you could use a PVC gutter ..

ABP Accessories - Your First Choice For Motorhome & RV Accessories - EZE RV Guttering - White - Per foot!

or a plastic trim

ABP Accessories - Your First Choice For Motorhome & RV Accessories - Plastic Insert Trim White- 1 inch - 100ft!

10. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Hi,

If your passing by during a weekday, pop in and pick Glenn or Ians brains in the workshop.

They will happily explain.

Peter

11. johng

johng Read Only Funster

thanks Peter

just passed you twice tonight on route to Camber and back :)

will pop over sometime

John