Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
Hi All,been looking for new coachline tape for my RV,as the old coachline is not looking that good now.but it need to be 2" wide,been on eBay,that was no good.
So may be one of you may know were i may get it from,the RV is 35ft.thanks for looking. Pete & Shirl (Arizona Chief) :thumb:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Try a local vehicle signwriter. They will be able to copy the originals or if you want a change do something totally different!! :thumb:

Only problem tends to be getting the old ones off without damaging the paint:cry:

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
sorry to hijack..

but is there any product that can make a neat edging around the seams of my old van?

it needs to be flexible, cheap, and somehow waterproof... I just want to neaten the outside edges where the roof meets the walls etc..tape doesnt really work..

dont forget this is an old van that loves ingenuiety

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
This is flexible, and waterproof:

Link Removed

I'm not sure about cheap though - I suppose it depends on the value you place on your motorhome::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
To remove old decals use a hair drier on them, they will then peel off.

When putiing new ones on, put some diluted washing up liquid on the van and this will allow you to slip the decals about into position. Use a cloth the 'rub' out any air bubbles.

Once the liquid dries off underneath the decal, it will stick.

Peter

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
sorry to hijack..
but is there any product that can make a neat edging around the seams of my old van?
it needs to be flexible, cheap, and somehow waterproof... I just want to neaten the outside edges where the roof meets the walls etc..tape doesnt really work..

Clean off the old mastic, use masking tape for the edges and then use Sikaflex 512 to seal, once its set, remove masking tape and you will have a neat join.

Costs £8-50 a tube.

Peter

Sikaflex-512 Caravan is a novel all-purpose adhesive and sealant, designed for the build and repair of caravans, motor homes and trailers.
Recognising a need among owners and enthusiasts, Sika is making available a professional product, not previously available to the general public.
Sikaflex-512 Caravan, is a professional-grade, one-part polyurethane hybrid that can be used externally and internally, and bonds and seals in one operation.
It has excellent adhesion to most surfaces, needs little preparation, and can be smoothed when wet, or sanded when cured, for a perfect finish.
It is user friendly, with low odour, and no mixing or mess.
Joints produced with Sikaflex-512 Caravan are strong, watertight, permanently elastic and do not shrink.
They are UV resistant, colour stable, do not cause staining and are resistant to aging and weathering.
Sikaflex-512 Caravan's high bond strength reduces the need for screws and fixings, which in turn reduces the chance of water ingress, and its permanently elastic characteristic (when cured it can be stretched by 400%) reduces noise and vibration.
Sikaflex-512 Caravan, which is available in 300ml cartridges, is a premium product, as used by leading manufacturers, and is ideal for such jobs as awning rails, TV antennas, gasket sealing and gap filling, furniture bonding, lap and butt joints and many other applications around a caravan, motor home or trailer

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
Thanks Peter, I think I was looking at a uniform plastic covering.. that is flexible to fold/ bend 90° and also to cope with the other angles along the roof/overcab..

I have tried tape but it creases and looks naff.. maybe I am asking for something that doesn't exist.. or trying to bodge my way through..

Wouldn't do any harm to buy a tube of sikaflex and experiment.

:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
sorry to hijack..

Hi

you could use a PVC gutter ..

ABP Accessories - Your First Choice For Motorhome & RV Accessories - EZE RV Guttering - White - Per foot!

or a plastic trim

ABP Accessories - Your First Choice For Motorhome & RV Accessories - Plastic Insert Trim White- 1 inch - 100ft!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks Peter, I think I was looking at a uniform plastic covering.. that is flexible to fold/ bend 90° and also to cope with the other angles along the roof/overcab..
I have tried tape but it creases and looks naff.. maybe I am asking for something that doesn't exist.. or trying to bodge my way through..
Wouldn't do any harm to buy a tube of sikaflex and experiment.
:thumb:

Hi,

If your passing by during a weekday, pop in and pick Glenn or Ians brains in the workshop.

They will happily explain.

Peter

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
thanks Peter

just passed you twice tonight on route to Camber and back :)

will pop over sometime

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back