CMS Stuttgart - January 2016 - Pilote (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Hi Folks, we are all booked for flights and hotels to go to the CMS Travel Fair in Stuttgart later this month where there are apparently @850 motorhomes and caravans (whatever they are) to view.
We have tickets for two days, although SWMBO attention deficiency may mean we only go to one, so are trying to narrow the vendors we wish to look at. In any case I also want to go to the Porsche museum ;)
We were narrowing down on Carthago /Hymer/Burstner until I saw the Pilote LV range which seem to have a front lounge which suits our needs as well as the garage for the bikes.
In particular the LV 7.8 CF Broken Link Removed
Can any of you provide feedback on build quality of the Pilote range, more specifically the LV (formerly Le Voyageur) models and also the garage sizes.
Our requirements no matter the make/model are;
Large front lounge, Garage that I can hopefully put the bikes in without taking the wheels off, island or single beds (not a transverse rear bed that restricts loo access during the night :) )
All suggestions information gratefully received.
Cheers
Bill

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
They are a good brand but check out payloads..Only two on mobile.de so would maybe be better off in France. At least with a Hymer the dealers in UK honour the warranty! So that situation would need checking out....

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
Yep I had a rumble on mobile.de yesterday.
Payloads are not as good as Exsis/Premierline - the LV7.8 is apparently 600kg which should be ok for the two of us but....
And Pilote dealers in the UK seem thin on the ground, according to Pilote Freeborn in Guildford and Southampton are dealers but the brand doesn't feature on their website. Odd

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yep I had a rumble on mobile.de yesterday.
Payloads are not as good as Exsis/Premierline - the LV7.8 is apparently 600kg which should be ok for the two of us but....
And Pilote dealers in the UK seem thin on the ground, according to Pilote Freeborn in Guildford and Southampton are dealers but the brand doesn't feature on their website. Odd
Hayes leisure was the original importer, I think. Still in operation and we bought a ours new from there. Good people

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thanks Dux, I intend to import due to the potential savings - especially whilst we live in the sarf of engerland meantime :)
Fair enough. Pullingers in Halstead also sell them - good dealer as well.

I have to say that we have been extremely pleased with ours - most people go "wow" when they see the size of the lounge and big bathroom. Ticks all the boxes apart from payload which I had to get uprated. Good van.

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
Fair enough. Pullingers in Halstead also sell them - good dealer as well.

I have to say that we have been extremely pleased with ours - most people go "wow" when they see the size of the lounge and big bathroom. Ticks all the boxes apart from payload which I had to get uprated. Good van.
What did you get? Anything you didn't order that you wished you had? Whats your payload??
So many questions, so little time ;)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We had ours from Hayes - smashing to deal with. But I think Johns Cross may also deal?

Ours is a Reference not an LV - but the quality of stuff is 100% so far though I have found certain things that don't quite 100% suit my build eg the lounge/dinette area seating is a bit high for the length of my legs and because none of the seat cushions have a 'knee roll' (whereas the previous Bessacar did and remained absolutely bang on all the time we had it) the foam seems to bulge forwards a bit on them. However the LV has them so that's better. We only have one wardrobe in ours which is not long enough to hang a dress and is also very narrow - so if you do have to take thicker coats - it's an absolute squish to get much else in it. The only way we can do it is to zip everything into the hanging clothes protectors, eg 3 prs of trousers or 3 shirts in a bag, etc to make it easier to get decent stuff in and out. Lastly I find the fixed table, combined with material upholster, makes it a bit tricky to get into some seating positions and none of those seats allow either of us to lounge at full length very easily.

I can't see any in the range with a garage - the rear locker will be under the bed I presume and I am not sure it would be high enough for a bike? All the dimensions will be in the online catalogue but frankly I'd ring Hayes and ask them a) the measurements and b) if I wanted to put an adult bicycle in there would I be able to easily from outside via the locker door or would it be necessary to bring it in and stow it from the garage access under the bed, raised? Ours is a fixed French bed - some things are easier one way, others the other - and you wouldn't get a bike in ours without part dismantling it first. Unless of course it was pretty empty apart from the bike - which it ain't! EHUs, hoses, shoes, extra set of bedlinen and towels, ramps, tools, bucket, stuff like washing powder, loo stuff, whatever .....

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
2014 Pilote G690 A class - it was 3650 but I uprated to 3850. Interior upholstery not to everyone's taste but we tolerate it. Essential options were the twin lens reversing camera/rear view and the awning.

Things that are slight gribbles - loo cassette could be bigger, near side longitudinal seat a bit narrow at the base. We added a couple of solar panels and a satellite dome as well as tow bar and bike rack.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
OOh yes - forgot the rear view camera, we also got the Fiamma roll out awning added, on ours too.

They also swapped the solar panels and Pete fitted the Gaslow out of the old one.

OP
OP
BMStewart2004
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Exp
We had ours from Hayes - smashing to deal with. But I think Johns Cross may also deal?

Ours is a Reference not an LV - but the quality of stuff is 100% so far though I have found certain things that don't quite 100% suit my build eg the lounge/dinette area seating is a bit high for the length of my legs and because none of the seat cushions have a 'knee roll' (whereas the previous Bessacar did and remained absolutely bang on all the time we had it) the foam seems to bulge forwards a bit on them. However the LV has them so that's better. We only have one wardrobe in ours which is not long enough to hang a dress and is also very narrow - so if you do have to take thicker coats - it's an absolute squish to get much else in it. The only way we can do it is to zip everything into the hanging clothes protectors, eg 3 prs of trousers or 3 shirts in a bag, etc to make it easier to get decent stuff in and out. Lastly I find the fixed table, combined with material upholster, makes it a bit tricky to get into some seating positions and none of those seats allow either of us to lounge at full length very easily.

I can't see any in the range with a garage - the rear locker will be under the bed I presume and I am not sure it would be high enough for a bike? All the dimensions will be in the online catalogue but frankly I'd ring Hayes and ask them a) the measurements and b) if I wanted to put an adult bicycle in there would I be able to easily from outside via the locker door or would it be necessary to bring it in and stow it from the garage access under the bed, raised? Ours is a fixed French bed - some things are easier one way, others the other - and you wouldn't get a bike in ours without part dismantling it first. Unless of course it was pretty empty apart from the bike - which it ain't! EHUs, hoses, shoes, extra set of bedlinen and towels, ramps, tools, bucket, stuff like washing powder, loo stuff, whatever .....

Thanks very much for this detailed response - the Pilote website doesn't give door sizes for the garage sadly and I dont like to call Hayes as we probably wont buy from them. Looks like I'll be taking a tape measure to the show - Sad Git ;)
By the way, which model did you choose?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
600Kg is nothing if is the figure subtracted from MIRO. what real payload depends on is engine you chose, and all fitted extras. they should have a calculator in brochure if they don't...Well. Lux packs etc.... all add weight. plenty of unparactiaval vans around.... What weight van are you going for.

I know from our chats you are considering a move..best look around where your moving to for service agents as well for Brands your considering

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back