Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Kayak

We have a sportek indika 2 inflatable kayak , blew it up and sat in it in our living room so far::bigsmile:
Off to port gaverne in a couple of weeks so hoping to get it wet there. Never kayak'd before so won't be going too far out:thumb:

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I trust and hope everyone who is out in a kayak inflatable or not will be wearing a buoyancy aid and let someone have a paddle plan so they know where you are going and when you are due back. It is a great sport but the sea is not a forgiving place when it all goes tits up so stay safe funsters and enjoy the summer.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have a tractor inner tube on the blithe, does that count:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I trust and hope everyone who is out in a kayak inflatable or not will be wearing a buoyancy aid and let someone have a paddle plan so they know where you are going and when you are due back. It is a great sport but the sea is not a forgiving place when it all goes tits up so stay safe funsters and enjoy the summer.

good advice.. and warning,

I would add, never go out on the open sea on your own... and learn how to do self recovery and how to recover others.. join a canoe club and learn the basic skills in a swimming pool.

We have a Canadian canoe, so generally only paddle on rivers, canals and estuaries. At sea, tides and currents can catch you out, wind also plays a big part and can change in a heart beat..

There was a kayaking tragedy not so long ago in Scotland.. don't be a statistic.. http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/safety-calls-after-death-of-kayaker-in-sea-loch.19506010

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I still remember my first escape exercise from an upturned kayak in the middle of Lock Eil, I was a bit concerned as getting into the seat was a real squeeze for someone of my stature. The instructor said no problem, tare the water cover off when you are down side up and you will fly out. He wasn't wrong, I came out like a bullet.:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I still remember my first escape exercise from an upturned kayak in the middle of Lock Eil, I was a bit concerned as [HI]getting into the seat was a real squeeze [/HI]for someone of my stature. The instructor said no problem, tare the water cover off when you are down side up and you will fly out. He wasn't wrong, I came out like a bullet.:thumb:

you would be better suited to a Canadian canoe :winky:

at my age, getting into and out of a kayak is just to much like hard work.. hence my Canadian.. it's like comparing a Vdub camper with an RV :roflmto:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Sad to say, just virtually given away my Sunseeker as I have got to the point where I cannot manage her on my own any more, too bloody old and short of breath these days. even to walk down the pontoons and get on board became too much.:cry:

My escape bolthole in Poole is no more after 17 years but I have loads of Sevylors I want to see the back off as well!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/sevylor-kayaks-canoes-and-water-sports-kit.html

Peter

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
a quiet and not so quiet paddle

a quiet paddle down the river Caen, enjoy the scenery and the music.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgxDdfCoEc8"]kfuk - YouTube[/ame]

The river are in spate at the moment, so much so that at the confluence of three rivers in the Taw/Torridge/Caen Estuary 2 hours after low water there is still a terrific current flowing.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HqErZvwf6I"]20140617 124131riverwins - YouTube[/ame]

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have a couple of slalom canoes but since I slipped a disc I can't use them. I used to take scouts canoeing but my qualifications expired long ago.

I could probably cope with a bit of paddling in a short lightweight boat do may try it out again.

If anyone wants to buy a canoe or two please contact me mine are for sale and also my scout group has a number of them to sell. But bare in mind slaloms are long.

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Prosional Date

OK so I have a date in mind after talking to the site owner which is based on several things.
My availability as the missus works for a shook, site availability as it closes on the 31st October ( National Park rules I'm afraid) & other events in the calander both mine & funster.

So I have in mind 25-27th October North Wales Bala

I would arrive on site 8pm on the 24th & leave on the28th as the 27th is my big day so I'll be getting hammered early on ::bigsmile:

Alternavly it would be next year which if I could makes this happen then we would re-visit summer 2015

Chat amunst yourselfs & give me some numbers as to how many would be available that weekend Sat 25th to Mon 27th or Tue 28th & I like the numbers I'll make it happen.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Could any of you handle the seething cauldron of white water Hell that is BARMOUTH?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAt9CIjaXMg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAt9CIjaXMg[/ame]

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Chat amunst yourselfs & give me some numbers as to how many would be available that weekend Sat 25th to Mon 27th or Tue 28th & I like the numbers I'll make it happen.

B****r, clashes with Perth Canoe Show and we are already committed to that......

DCM

Free Member
May 3, 2014
NW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Livin The Dream Pt 2 :)
Exp
@ RS Rob - forsake these poor funsters and FGS DON'T take any of your home brew firewater with you PMSl

Morrigan

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ha! My new toy has just arrived. It's a Stearns Spree and I cannot wait to get out on the water. I'll have to though, as I am still waiting for a new paddle to arrive and a buoyancy aid.

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Calling all ye Paddlers............

Come join our group.

Broken Link Removed

burtspieeater

Free Member
Oct 23, 2015
WIGAN
Funster No
MH
Not yet
Exp
None yet
We bought a Gumotex Solar 410C last December - my Christmas present to myself!
Brilliant canoe but only used it twice so far ( embarrassed icon thingy) but next year intend to make up for it. At my time of life I realise if I didn't buy it there and then I would never have bought it. It is definitely a quality item and will last me my canoeing lifetime. All we need now is some warm weather and gentle rivers and lakes :)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello burtspieeater and welcome to the forum.

I know the Gumotex inflatables are some of the best and it should give you plenty of fun. For us motorhoming and kayaks go hand in hand as it enables us to enjoy the boats all day and then get dry warm and fed. Get yourself to Europe, especially Portugal for some motorhome friendly kayaking opportunities.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
K2.jpg
Latest edition to the fleet:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun