Clubs - Which, if any? (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
So we're new to all this motorhoming glee ::bigsmile: and I read an awful lot of the posts on the forum to educate myself and reduce the chances of asking utterly stupid & embarrassing questions :Blush:

At present, I've resisted joining any clubs/organisations simply because I'm unable to make any informed decision. These are some of the questions that come to mind:

1. Do I need to join any clubs/organisations?
2. If yes, why?
3. What are the benefits?
4. Which club/organisation?
5. What will it cost - value for money, UK touring for next 12 months only?
6. Will I have to keep my van tidy for inspections :ROFLMAO: ? I won't be joining that club!

Having fun

John

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Hi StitchUp, and :welcome:...

We joined the Caravan Club 3 years ago purely to qualify for their insurance cover and breakdown service when we had a 6.5t Merc self-build - no age/size/weight restrictions. Even with the annual fee this got us cover for over £100 cheaper than elsewhere.

We bought an A-class about a year ago and still get good insurance rate compared to other companies.

We don't stay on sites but if you do the CC's small sites are excellent...

:thumb:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I joined the Camping and caravan Club (£39) When I get back to live in the UK I think I'll be able to arrange insurance through them. Also as they do a really good discount for over 55s I'll get my £39 back visiting the UK this summer.
I'm very much a learner here too so I think the above is all correct.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi John

if you don't get many replies to this question it's not because members are being rude, but because it's been asked dozens of times.. some quite long threads.. :Smile:

A quick search for 'club' throws up this.. you can try more focussed searching in 'advanced'

Broken Link Removed

my pennyworth is yes, join one of the clubs if you want to use the excellent network of CLs .. the Caravan Club has the most .. costs £40 annually,.. otherwise .. I wouldn't bother..

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome
we are in both the caravan club and the camping and caravan club, never used their main sites in years but have used their extensive cl/cs (5 van sites) also you can get very competitive vehicle insurance, breakdown cover from either club, pet insurance also very good rates, home insurance, travel medical insurance (single trip or annual for abroad),and for travel abroad competitive ferry rates - for the first timer abroad they will plan a trip, book sites and ferries for you, both cubs also have great weekend rallies at very cheap rates and winter sun rallies in Europe for those that can go.
C&CC do a discount rate for over 55s on their main sites
both clubs charge around £40 per year - ours is paid automatically through the bank each year

D

DM14742

Deleted User
I am in the C&C Club & we find the Temporary Holiday Sites (THS's) they run are superb. Many are in lovely locations, rarely cost more than a Tenner per Night (many are less) and are used by likeminded people.
Only thing is you need to be self contained, no leccy hook ups just a Water Tap & Waste disposal normally. You do need to be a Club Member to use these.
They are Nationwide & tend to run from March to October.:thumb:

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Thanks everyone for your comments, all very helpful but still difficult to decide if I require either. I'll do some more reading.

You're right Jim, I should have searched before posting! Beinging a 'veteran of forums', I should have known the answers were already there. :Doh:

Might bump into you some time Mike as I'm just 2 junctions (J36) along the M4 from you ::bigsmile:

Cheers

John

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
bridgend

Hi and welcome to fun we have relatives from Bridgend :Smile:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
if your really thinking of jioning one club or another, Id look at their web sites to see what sites they have were you want to camp first, no good joining one that has nothing in your area localy

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We are a member of both and use their club sites during the winter where many times they can be cheaper than even using CL's or CS's.
not a lot of them open all winter but some do, so we use them, usually too expensive during the summer months so we use CL's then or use some commercial sites, even those are cheaper than the club sites SOMETIMES!!!!
Being full timers we dont go for the seasonals as we dont like being in one place for that long anyway even though they are dead cheap.
Haven has some good deals early and late season which we take advantage of, not many peoples choice I know on here but most of them give free entertainment passes for around £7 or £8 a night per pitch and all are near bus stops which we use a lot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back