Club Voyage - Brittany Ferries (1 Viewer)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I haven't joined, and would only do so if the discounted fares compared favourably with crossing via Dover or the Tunnel, paying road tolls, and stopping on aires between Calais and my destination.

I might be tempted if a goodly discount on the Santander route came close to the cost of 3 days' driving through France, but I'm not yet a frequent ferry user. Chance would be a fine thing.

Deleted User
I have been a member of the France only section of this club for 5 years, you will get your money back and still save a fair amount on one crossing a year, even in your first year when you pay an enrolment fee.
Brittany ferries are not cheap but I have costed things out for my own situation and would not consider the shorter crossings but everyones preferences and costings are different, it depends on where you are going and what vehicle you are in. For example we regularly use the St. Malo crossing to get to our static van near to La Baule in S. Brittany, St. Malo to La Baule is 125 miles and 3 hours max, Calais to La Baule is aprox 425 miles and 2 days. Saving 600 miles ( plus possible savings in UK depending where you live) and 3 days or so on a return trip plus two nights site fees as I don't use aires.
5'er does around 20 mpg max so saving on fuel alone is around 125 litres say £150, real cost estimates put running costs at around 40p a mile which would be £240, plus two nights on a site and tolls. I know some of you will say not to use toll roads and stop in Aires and the driving is part of the holiday, that is personal choice and not for me.

Calais - Dover £115
R'ng costs £250
Stops £ 30
Total £395

Britt Ferries P'mouth - St. Malo aprox £ 520 return including cabins on both crossings, free B'fast (almost) on o'night crossing and 10% off meals. Club Voyage saving £218.

So save aprox £120 and spend four days driving or get off ferry 9 Am, relaxed & arrive destination lunchtime, I made my choice !

An alternative to the Brittany Ferries Spanish routes is the St. Nazaire to Gijon route operated by LD lines, we have used this route twice and is very good ( and cost effective for us ). It also has the advantage of a few days in France so that can be part of your holiday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Yes, when we used the St Malo crossing regularly( & had the house in France) but now the house is sold & we mainly use Dover-Dunkirk.
Only worth it if you want/need to use the longer crossings regularly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back