Free Member
May 18, 2012
ely, cambs
Funster No
MH
coming soon
Exp
since 2002
Hi All, This is my first post so thought I would tell of my situation. We have owned 3 motorhomes and a couple of years ago decided a caravan would be better due to no tax, mot etc and it sitting on the drive for most of the time. We bought a brand new caravan and still had change from the sale of our last motorhome (I.H. Tio, Great van) All was going well and we have just got back from our second trip to Portugal with the caravan and we where very happy, that is until last week when some horrible theiving ******* came onto our drive in the middle of the night and stole our caravan and all the bits and bobs and personal stuff inside. It had wheelclamp, hitchlock and motormover engaged as well. Needless to say we are very upset. On the bright side, we are insured and we now realise that had we stuck with the motorhome we wouldnt have lost it so easy. Anyway we are now on the lookout for a Hymer or Pilote A class. As we dont know much about either vehicle so any advice tips or general thoughts would be great. I look forward to chatting with you all. Regards. Gary

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Ba******, aren't they? You couldn't have put much more anti-theft on it.

Welcome to Fun.

OP
OP
B

beemer328

Free Member
May 18, 2012
ely, cambs
Funster No
MH
coming soon
Exp
since 2002
Thanks for the welcome. If man can make it man can break it as they say.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
welcome Gary...We had a great week in Benderloch, just outside oban for a week. It was my first trip in my new to me Hymer..Loved it

Shirl

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Welcome aboard mate, hope the toe-rags who nicked your van receive the Karma they are due.

Keith:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Motorhome Fun, sorry about the caravan horrible feeling when personal things are stolen. But every cloud, enjoy which ever motorhome you decide on, we have had our Hymer for 7 years now and would not want to change it.:welcomefunster:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Gary, you must gave been distraut. I hope you get all thats due from your insurers. Hymer and Pilote make great A class motorhomes, buy one and I don't think you'll regret it.. Best of luck:thumb:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
We bought a Hymer B544 as our first van and I can't think of much we would change.
Welcome.:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Welcome to Fun take your time always more for sale than people with the money no matter what the dealer tells you about them being sold as soon as they come in

OP
OP
B

beemer328

Free Member
May 18, 2012
ely, cambs
Funster No
MH
coming soon
Exp
since 2002
wow thanks for the welcome and advice from you all. I am now doing homework to see what van we need. Many thanks, Gary

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back