Clouds and silver linings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by beemer328, May 18, 2012.

1. beemer328

beemer328 Read Only Funster

Hi All, This is my first post so thought I would tell of my situation. We have owned 3 motorhomes and a couple of years ago decided a caravan would be better due to no tax, mot etc and it sitting on the drive for most of the time. We bought a brand new caravan and still had change from the sale of our last motorhome (I.H. Tio, Great van) All was going well and we have just got back from our second trip to Portugal with the caravan and we where very happy, that is until last week when some horrible theiving ******* came onto our drive in the middle of the night and stole our caravan and all the bits and bobs and personal stuff inside. It had wheelclamp, hitchlock and motormover engaged as well. Needless to say we are very upset. On the bright side, we are insured and we now realise that had we stuck with the motorhome we wouldnt have lost it so easy. Anyway we are now on the lookout for a Hymer or Pilote A class. As we dont know much about either vehicle so any advice tips or general thoughts would be great. I look forward to chatting with you all. Regards. Gary

2. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Ba******, aren't they? You couldn't have put much more anti-theft on it.

Welcome to Fun.

3. beemer328

Thanks for the welcome. If man can make it man can break it as they say.

4. con-tiki

con-tiki Funster

welcome Gary...We had a great week in Benderloch, just outside oban for a week. It was my first trip in my new to me Hymer..Loved it

Shirl

5. Pikeman

Pikeman Funster

Welcome aboard mate, hope the toe-rags who nicked your van receive the Karma they are due.

Keith:thumb:

6. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hello and welcome to Motorhome Fun, sorry about the caravan horrible feeling when personal things are stolen. But every cloud, enjoy which ever motorhome you decide on, we have had our Hymer for 7 years now and would not want to change it.:welcomefunster:

7. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Gary, you must gave been distraut. I hope you get all thats due from your insurers. Hymer and Pilote make great A class motorhomes, buy one and I don't think you'll regret it.. Best of luck:thumb:

8. Drew

Drew Funster

We bought a Hymer B544 as our first van and I can't think of much we would change.
    Welcome.:thumb:

9. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Welcome to Fun take your time always more for sale than people with the money no matter what the dealer tells you about them being sold as soon as they come in

10. beemer328

wow thanks for the welcome and advice from you all. I am now doing homework to see what van we need. Many thanks, Gary