Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
tried one of the hanging wotsits but Sue hates it so we took it out and put it in one of the caravans, She need loads of hanger space it seems.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Wardrobe in van is used same as wardrobes at home-clothes on hangers :xThumb:
Foldable items,t-shirts,sweat shirts,jumpers are put in over-bed lockers.Some of which I've put a shelf in to make smaller 'stacks'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
If you mean the clothes "jumped off" the hanging rail we have put a strip of stick-on velcro on the rail, put the hangers with the clothes in then put a strip of the opposite velcro on the first strip. This stops the hangers jumping off, when on site easy to peel the 2nd velcro off and remove / replace clothes as required, then just stick it back when moving off again. Works for us.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Similar to Janine and Puddleduck and I threaded two bits of elastic down the front from top to bottom(threaded through each shelf) to stop anything falling out. On the rail we put foam pipe lagging and this stops hangers from moving/dropping off.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Throw out your 60's and 70's designer kit, then just wash the t shirt and keep wearing it :xrofl::xThumb:

OP
OP
Travelord

Travelord

Free Member
Oct 27, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
B class
Exp
Thanks all,it was clothes stacked in bottom of robe. Getting canvas storage hanger argos £7.99, job done. And have cut clothes to the minimum, but enough clean undies and socks :xshout::xdoh::xeek:

Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
When we were caravaners, I read somewhere to put each hanger in alternate ways....been doing it in our MH and never found anything on 'the floor' yet!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
For hangers just get a pair of plumbers grips and squeeze the hook on the hanger so it is just wide enough to go over the hanging bar.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have a few clear plastic boxes, bought from The Range, which take our shoes and for socks I use a net bag bought from Go Outdoors. We also use a much bigger net bag to collect the laundry.

If you search around you should be able to find boxes which fit the available space at the bottom of the wardrobe.

But as already suggested chuck out a few things first! Light weight clothing also takes up less space, microfleeces instead of wooly jumpers, that sort of thing.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Tip given to me by Carol for shoes ::: Large elastic band to hold each pair of shoes together to keep things organised.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Screen Shot 2014-12-30 at 15.17.32.png

We have a set each of these in the motorhome, which keeps all the socks. knickers etc separate. also use the large ones for shorts/ trousers, another for jumpers/sweatshirts etc.
I have a pink set, OH has a blue set.
I slip small paper labels in so I can instantly see whats what and now we don't end up with clothes all over the place

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back