Closeish campsite to Calias France (1 Viewer)

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
Hi we are thinking of getting away this bank holiday with the kids, Has anyone got any good recommendations for a site within 2-3 hrs of calais, dont mind Belgium.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Gravelines , my favourite, hope to be there tomorrow night ::bigsmile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry just seen you want a campsite for the kids, graveline excellent night stop, nice town in walking distance and only 6 euros a night right by the river about hour from calais, but not much for kids ,dont reckon much to belgian sites

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scottyboy
Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
The kids are quite happy just digging on the beach I just didn't want a quiet site that will be upset by the kids noise:shout:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There is one in Guines - Castell site. Indoor pool and nice restaurant on site.

Approx 10 miles from Calais.

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
cloeish campsite to Calais

Hi,Westend in Belgium is a family run campsite who are very nice, english speaking and helpfull,childrens playground,pool and outside the entrance is a tram that runs along the coast,the beach is a five minute walk away with lots of places to eat and shops,you will find it on uk campsites for tents and motorhomes site and is free,regards H::bigsmile:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The site at Guines isn't a bad one, but is used as a one-night pre or post ferry stopover by quite a few people as it's bookable through CCC, so there's quite a high daily turnover there, and people arriving late and leaving early.

If you're stopping in the Calais area, the west end of the town beach at Bleriot-Plage is slightly more interesting - dunes, old bunkers, beach huts, fewer people etc.

Gravelines has a nice mixture of beach, bike rides, and history. There's a campsite but I've not been to it personally as I prefer to use the aire at the marina which is handy for everything.

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi,Westend in Belgium is a family run campsite who are very nice, english speaking and helpfull,childrens playground,pool and outside the entrance is a tram that runs along the coast,the beach is a five minute walk away with lots of places to eat and shops,you will find it on uk campsites for tents and motorhomes site and is free,regards H::bigsmile:

Thought this link might help -

www.campingwestende.be

OP
OP
Scottyboy
Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
Thanks for the replies, we think we may give the westende campsite in belgium a try, its only for a couple of nights but will be good to get out in the van. Just booked the ferry for £56 return so i'm happy, we usually go through the tunnel but left it too late to book and prices have rocketed.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry just seen you want a campsite for the kids, graveline excellent night stop, nice town in walking distance and only 6 euros a night right by the river about hour from calais, but not much for kids ,dont reckon much to belgian sites

We are fans of Gravelines too however I would disagree with you about the distance. It is located half way between Calais and Dunquerk. My autoroute map shows it as 20 mins (17 miles) from Calais or 19 mins (15 miles) from Dunquerk so it's ideally placed for either of the ferries. (This isn't intended as nitpicking, just hoping it's helpful)

Wyn

OP
OP
Scottyboy
Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
I just thought i'd follow this up and thank you all for the advice, We ended up staying at the Castel site La Bien assise at Guines just outside Calais. Great site with really friendly staff and spotless facilities. So overall a great bank holiday weekend away, £56 for ferry,16 euro a night for the site. (with ASCi card). So a lot cheaper for me than spending ££ on diesel travelling to new forest or wherever and sitting in bank holiday traffic, plus I feel like i've been away because i've been "abroad":roflmto:. Switzerland next at the end of the month and will be posting my qustions soon:thumb:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back