Close to retiring and looking

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by DaveC, Jul 22, 2011.

1. DaveC

DaveC Read Only Funster

Hi,
    My wife and I are just getting ready to retire and looking to spend the kids inheritance on a nice motor home to tour UK and Europe.
    I'd really like some advice the model of camper, I've looked at so many online. We're thinking of an A Class, we like our creature comforts and plan to spend 1 -3 months at a time touring. We also have grandchildren that we would take along so safety is the key.
    I'm thinking Low mileage used as they will probably come with extras such as TV, GPS and rearview cameras etc. Budget is around 45k
    So, Hymer or Swft, Autotrail or Bessacar.
    Any sound advice welcomed.

Thx:thumb:

2. Drew

Drew Funster

Welcome Dave:thumb::thumb:
    About to pick up my first motorhome and I can't recommend enough the wonderful and well written "The Motorhome Buyers Guide" available by clicking the link on the right of your screen.
    It did me a great service and we found what we wanted at the right price.

(Is that OK Jim?)

All the nest

Drew

• Like Like x 1
  3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

We thought that, bought one with loads of seat belts, then found grandchildren have their own lives. So we've a good van but not as comfy as one we would have bought had we not got the daft idea over grandchildren.

A class - Hymer.

Looking on line is poor, get your bums on seats, think what you are doing in there on long rainy days. Thnk of cooking.

4. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi Dave :welcome: to motorhome fun :thumb:
    I would say anything made in germany or france as they are better built for all year use, a good choice A Class, :Smile: and in your case one with enough seat belts and beds for the grandchildren. :thumb: Bob.

5. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi and welcome :thumb:Get to a show to narrow your choice.Then try everything -making up beds etc and lay in them,imagine getting up for loo in the night etc,FEET UP LOUNGING FOR RAINY DAYS :thumb:Layout is the key :thumb:Did I mention LAYOUT :BigGrin:
    terry

6. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Swift, Bessecar and Autotrail don't do an A class, Pilote, Rapido, Hobby do amongst others (inc Hyner)

Peter