Mar 27, 2016
Inland Waterways
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2015
Good morning.....

Its BST (British Summer Time) also known as an oxymoron.

For the last three months we have been in Spain and so we have been operating an hour in front. Having just returned to Blighty, I left my watch as it was on Spanish time. So I wonder why we go through this mental gymnastics just to change the time of day twice each year.

But I digress....

We are collectively M and M (Mick n Mags)

We spend our summers on our narrowboat cruising on the inland waterways. We spend our winters somewhere warm. This year we went for the first time motor homing to Spain. The boat is being repainted this year which will take about six weeks to complete. Painters are notorious for taking longer than expected. So we will be off again in the MH maybe to northern France.

This is why...

IMG_2315HdrT.png

So hello to everyone....

Regards

Mick n Mags

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Mick n Mags

Welcome.

It sounds a good life, we like to cycling the canal tow paths but I still feel the need to climb to the top now and then just to get a different view.

Martin

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Good morning.....

For the last three months we have been in Spain and so we have been operating an hour in front. Having just returned to Blighty, I left my watch as it was on Spanish time. So I wonder why we go through this mental gymnastics just to change the time of day twice each year.

Welcome to the forum both of you.

The Spaniards also change to Daylight Saving Time today so they are still one hour different. For the last 3 or 4 years there have been debates throughout Spain as to whether they should go back to GMT, which, if you look at the position of the Greenwich Meridien, makes much more sense in Spain than them using Central European Time. Spain used to be on GMT until Franco changed it in the 1940s so that the country was on the same time zone as the Germans and Italians. UK did the same but we changed back in 1945.

OP
OP
MandM

MandM

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
Inland Waterways
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2015
Blimey! Does your MH float on canals as well? Or am I just a little confused by the picture?

Hi Jon.

The above photo was taken on a French Aires, many of which we discovered are alongside the canal system. The photo was taken on the 'Orleans Canal' near its junction with the River Loire. The MH is off camera to the right. We are tempted to bring the boat over and cruise the European canal system for a year or two. However, its 50' long and weighs in at around 16 tons. Some sail their boats over, however with a top speed of 6 knots. And having spent several years in the merchant navy, I have seen how quickly the water of the channel can get quite lumpy - to quickly for my liking. So it will have to be on a trailer and on a ferry!

You can see the MH parked up in the Aires in the background. This is the current limit of navigation on the Orleans Canal. The lock is to be restored to full function sometime in the next few years. There are 27 locks in total 7 of which have been restored already.

IMG_2309HdrT.png

OP
OP
MandM

MandM

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
Inland Waterways
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome to the forum both of you.

The Spaniards also change to Daylight Saving Time today so they are still one hour different.

I learn something new everyday.

Regards

Mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back