clifford alarm

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by mick noe, Nov 7, 2013.

1. mick noe

mick noe Funster

my insurance company is asking for the model of the alarm fitted to my 07 fiat rapido:BigGrin: know it is a cliiford because there is a sticker in the window.............if I new where to look for the box of tricks maybe a model number on it? any thoughts.(may even be OME?)
    while on the subject of security it is also fitted with a tracker but £50 to transfer into my name and £150 a year subscription NO CHANCE 'spect I'll get some flack for that

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

not sure about the Clifford alarms but the siren IS the box of tricks on many.

if you can remove the siren from its mounting bracket it may have a label on the back.

failing that it may be identifyable on their website using picttures of the siren and remote fob.
    I identified mine this way

usually self powered in the event of engine battery disconnection and spent an hour once removing and dismantling one to disconnect the internal battery to silence the damned thing when it went faulty.
    bloody thing just about deafened me....pardon !

• Like Like x 1
  3. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

If you have a claim some insurance companies will ask you for an installation certificate BEFORE they pay out ask first

4. pappajohn

good point....

an insurance approved alarm can only be fitted by an approved installer and they should issue a certificate.

5. mick noe

mick noe Funster

insurance company are asking now ............on taking policy out.........but I have no paperwork with the motorhome:cry:

6. pappajohn

they will check it on their list of approved alarms to see if its a cat 1 system.

mine wasnt, but they still insured.