Cleaning / washing brush (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Atm use microfibre cloths to clean outside and roof of MH however to speed it up and make it easier looking for a nice soft brush with extendable handle. Anyone got any suggestions?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I bought the Rolsen extending brush with the hose adapter on the bottom.
http://amzn.to/2mU178B

You do have to tweak the fittings up a bit tighter but seems to work well. I took a punt on it as it was only ÂŁ12.00. Happy with it so far.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
If you vehicle has been machine polished and swirl free a brush will introduce swirls.

If that isn't a worry then the long brushes with the hose connection makes life a lot easier and quicker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
If you vehicle has been machine polished and swirl free a brush will introduce swirls.
Not strictly true, if as I do use a grit guard in your bucket and snow foam before using a good quality brushwith plenty of soapy water no harm will come to your motorhome finish.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
I should say I don't use it connected to a hose as I cant stand fighting with a hose pipe while try to concentrate on what is happening 2.5 metres away where I am washing!

As for brushes, I have a couple of these as they are three sided and wash under the lips of any hatches/cargo rails/TV aerials/etc.
Good but not quite as good as a Boar's hair brush, but then, not as expensive as one either!

http://www.valeterspride.co.uk/exte...istles-heavy-duty-used-by-the-trade-375-p.asp

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I am just about ready for a new brush so am watching this thread with the view to find a good brush. Don't mind spending the money for the right brush. It will only be used on the camper, have a old one for the car. Please keep the suggestions coming. (y)

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Use what ever the french use they always seem o be out cleanining.
Please excuse post couple of beers , bottle of red, anda large Torres 10

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Not strictly true, if as I do use a grit guard in your bucket and snow foam before using a good quality brushwith plenty of soapy water no harm will come to your motorhome finish.

You pay a lot for a good quality one hence why i don't own one. Cheaper ones have harsh bristles thats why i wouldn't use one.

Its lambswool mit for me :D and of course grit guard (y)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
See my earlier post and you will not have problems

It`s not the grit in the bucket I was referring to...

It`s when people get a soapy brush and wipe it over the acrylic windows...

And scratch the window with what has landed on from the road...

Minute particles of fine sand and grit and the like...

I was taught by "Compass Caravans" to clean windows (Acrylic) with running water using your hand and not a brush or cloth which will hold fine particles...

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
It`s not the grit in the bucket I was referring to...

It`s when people get a soapy brush and wipe it over the acrylic windows...

And scratch the window with what has landed on from the road...

Minute particles of fine sand and grit and the like...

I was taught by "Compass Caravans" to clean windows (Acrylic) with running water using your hand and not a brush or cloth which will hold fine particles...
Again read my post: if snowfoam is used correctly there will be no particals and using good brushes and noodle mitts with grit guard there wI'll be none in these either. Wash technology has moved on from Compass Caravan times

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Again read my post: if snowfoam is used correctly there will be no particals and using good brushes and noodle mitts with grit guard there wI'll be none in these either. Wash technology has moved on from Compass Caravan times
Mike, I have used a wax based shampoo, the Autoglym one, which does not contain detergent for some years to avoid depleting the waxed surface. Is this snow foam stuff a detergent based product which will deplete the wax coating or are there ones you can recommend that do not have detergent. And preferably one that can be used with a hose rather than a pressure washer?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Will this deplete my wax coating? Demon Shine Demon Foam With Snow Foam Gun 2 Litre, it has a handy hose attachment. Ideal when traveling.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back