Cleaning upholstery (1 Viewer)

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Hi, has anyone used a wet carpet cleaner to clean their van seating. If so how did you get on and which cleaner did you use? Cheers sean

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
I have used one of the spray foam type, but just make sure that you don't over wet he upholstery. After cleaning treat with a stain resister spray like Scotch Guard to protect it from further marks.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Have used a Vax and carpet shampoo with some success..

but this year after our four week trip to south of France, they were really dirty.. sand, etc takes its toll, so took the covers off and machine washed .. they come up beautiful.. just like new..

First a steep in cold water with bio washing liquid for about an hour. When we removed, the water was filthy... then into the washing machine on a synthetic program at 30c. with bio washing liquid.

They came out looking bright a clean.. and almost dry.. After drying fully, we replaced and they now look like new... really pleased with the results..

NB>>> This may not be possible or advisable with ALL makes of vans upholstery.. this was a 2001 Hymer..

img_0980-jpg.116858

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
seanoo
Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Thanks for the info but mine are not removeable so I need to clean them in situ. I was told b&q hire a carpet cleaner so wondered if that might be OK to use on them. It would be great if I could take them off, definitely something I would want on my next van

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
It's a rug doctor that b&q hire. I found them great for carpets but not quite as good for upholstery. Cheap enough to hire so probably worth trying as could be the fabric mine made of that makes a difference. They sell the cleaning stuff you need too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back