Cleaning roof? (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
How do I clean my Lunar roof? and with what is best?

Not good on step ladders any more since scaffolding collapsed underneath me..:cry::cry::cry:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
How do I clean my Lunar roof? and with what is best?

Not good on step ladders any more since scaffolding collapsed underneath me..:cry::cry::cry:

If you cant use ladders or scaffolding.........your best bet must be to lay it on its side.......failing that pay someone to do it :)

good luck not even a nice job with ladders

barry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Could you park it next to your house/friend's/relative's house and hose it from an upstairs window?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oldroadies

Free Member
Jun 21, 2009
Channel Islands
Funster No
MH
Coach built Autocruise
Exp
6 + 20 caravaning
There are not many things that the French can boast about that didn't originate in Blighty but we did see a perfect motorhome washing place in France this year. At one of their normal (pay a couple of euros and clean it yourself) car washes, however on the side of the last bay which was extra high to accommodate HGVs was a solid high up platform of about 20 feet with steps at either end, so that you could reach to clean the roof of a high vehicle, we both thought what a good idea!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I used to use soapy water and a long handled brush but now use Onedrywash.

I have a multi-purpose ladder like this one Link Removed to do the front (including Luton), back and sides but both methods require use of tall stepladders to do the roof.

The ladder was recommended in a thread by Chris (FreelanderUK) last October when they were a tenner less. The current price is still a lot less than they sell for at the shows though.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I open the main skylight and put a stepladder underneath-I pass my long-handled brush up and then a bucket of whatever I want to use and then ,sometimes,a hose pipe.Once seated on the edge of the skylight I can reach most of what I want to clean.::bigsmile:

Mike

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I used to use soapy water and a long handled brush but now use Onedrywash.

I have a multi-purpose ladder like this one Link Removed to do the front (including Luton), back and sides but both methods require use of tall stepladders to do the roof.

The ladder was recommended in a thread by Chris (FreelanderUK) last October when they were a tenner less. The current price is still a lot less than they sell for at the shows though.

do be aware though that the load rating of 23.5 Stone is only when used as a ladder, not as a platform. The packaging when it arrives clearly states a different weight, can't remember what it was but less than my 18 stone.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I lean a ladder on a foam pillow to do as much of the roof as i can and then every so often go on top and clean it just stay away from any openings such as vents as the roof is weaker there. I used a small plank of wood and placed it across roof so it sperad my weight over larger area.

If you dont fancy that send the OH up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: or see if you have a lightweight teen in the area who wants a few quid.

Gerry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
do be aware though that the load rating of 23.5 Stone is only when used as a ladder, not as a platform. The packaging when it arrives clearly states a different weight, can't remember what it was but less than my 18 stone.
I don't know where the documentation is at the moment, Roger, but I'm well under so I'm OK ::bigsmile:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Strange in't it, of all the things taken ino consideration when buying a motorhome e.g. cost, insurance, enough space on drive etc. it never occurred to me to consider how to wash it. It's not as if you can just run it through the carwash!

Wyn

OP
OP
acting_strange
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
My local polish guys do a great job of the outside but wont do the roof...

So I figured that I would do that first then take it to them....although I could obviously save money by finishing the job myself....lol

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
If you read some of the posts I have about Funsters up on motorhome roofs you would not ask this lot for advice:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back