Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Whilst at Marquis, Lee Mill, Plymouth yesterday I got talking to the member of staff who was cleaning down a MH for sale. SWMBO was in and out of other vans having a good nose about.
He said the they use Road Traffic Film Remover (I believe thats what he said)
Anyone use this and what is the advice and where can it be sourced ?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It's probably a very alkaline solution, like bug remover or wheel cleaner, or indeed drain cleaner.......... It will certainly clean but not sure about after effects. I've used similar stuff on the car and had to re-polish/wax it afterwards as it showed up (black car......). It might not show on a white van, but I would use it very sparingly.

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Duxdeluxe is right be spearing with it:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Traffic Film Remover is commonly used by transport companies to clean their trucks. Normally you would dilute it as it comes in various size drums.
Don't buy a heavy duty one as some of these can damage paint work (ie take the shine off and leave a dull finish)
Google Road Traffic Film Remover Suppliers and find one in your area. There will be quite a few.
You will still have to use elbow grease, it's not a miracle solution.

Personally I use Muc-Off. It doesn't harm paint, shiny bits, plastic or anything. I use it primarily for my motorbikes, but also on the MH on occasion, as it is not cheap. Again, use google, or I think you can buy it at Halfords. I get mine sent direct from Muc-Off via their web site, www.muc-off.com

Hope that helps :thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just to confirm - I was in Halfords the other day and they do indeed sell Muc-off.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as Knockin' said its a commercial truck cleaner but you'll also find it used in some garage forecourt jet wash machines.

when i worked recovery a workmate used to use it neat to clean his hi-vis jacket......came up like new but about 6 'washes' later and it fell apart.
main use was to jet wash the recovery fleet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
TFR can be a very aggressive cleaner, as posted above truck companies use it on their fleets for a quick effective wash also used by most drive in drive out handwash places in strong concentrated form to quickly remove crud from your car and wheels but it also strips wax protection and can easily damage chrome/ metal brightwork & mark rubber trim.
Better to use a quality wash & wax type product, a wash mitt and a little elbow grease may not offer the quick wash and go but will keep your bodywork in better shape for longer :thumb:
Dave
RS Valeting

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back