Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
To all you houseproud funsters please can you help me? I have a cream leather suite that hasn't been cleaned for 2 years and is in urgent need of a clean. Has anyone any "useful" ideas of the best way to clean said suite, if possible without having to buy all the expensive "brand" cleaning products. :Sad:

Sue

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
My daughter used to work for M&S in their furniture dept and they used to recommend ordinary water with some fairy in it wet cloth, wring, wipe, rince and repeat f needed, just remember not to overwet the leather otherwise it could stretch and shrink as it drys. There are also those leatherwipe car seat cleaning wipes that you could try.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Saddle soap, will clean and condition the leather at the same time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
The leather wipes from the £1 shop seem to work on a dark leather suite so might be worth a try on a light leather one.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I use a dishcloth and washing up water, as per M&S apparently.

Then I use the stuff I can't remember the name of that you use on your m/cycle leathers, the soap eventually washes it off unfortunmately but as everybody wears jeans you are kind of stuck with it if you own a beige leather suite. I'll buy battleship grey next time!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eric 83

Free Member
Jan 6, 2009
leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
30+yrs
A friend of ours who does leather upholstery for posh motors, uses the Dove range of products ,ie. face cleaner to clean and Dove soap to nourish !!

Apr 8, 2008
Snaith
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nineteen years
First of all you need two buckets of clean water, some soap flakes, make a soapy mix, use a sponge to apply the soap, only work one area at a time, clean off the soap with the clean water from the second bucket using a soft towel,then dry with a second dry towel. Some products can dry the leather out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back