Cleaning fresh water tanks. (1 Viewer)

shezza

Free Member
Jun 4, 2009
Funster No
Hi, All I was just wondering as we are getting our MH ready for the main season what method of puryfing do members use for their water tanks IE Milton,Puritabs ect.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Campden tablets obtainable from home brewing suppliers, if its good enough for beer and wine its good enough for water. We do drink the water never been a problem.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We use milton but again, we dont drink the water:thumb::thumb::thumb:

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
I use 'puriclean' bit pricey but have been using for a few years with no problems so sticking to what works for me.

Don't normally drink the water straight from tap, tend to boil and use for tea / coffee etc but use straight from the tap for cleaning teeth never had a problem. I do buy one or two large cheap bottles of water from supermarket every so often and then fill these up from the site tap for drinking water, again never had a problem.

I normally clean the tank once a year with puricleanpricey, then two or three time a year fill the tank to the top with tap water and run van for a day or two to agitate the water in the tank before completely draining the tank, reckon that the chemicals the water company put in the water to keep it safe in the pipes will work on the vans tank.

Colin

Free Member
Oct 4, 2009
Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi there,

I use Milton but you must be aware that if the solution is too strong, the Milton attacks metal (it tells you on the bottle).

If you fill your tank about one quarter full with a weak solution then go for a drive, the tank gets thoroughly cleaned (especially with all the new potholes). Pump the solution through the taps to clean the pipework and drain it off.

Simples.

I intend to change over to the brewers formula as I have heard it is better.

Put a bit of liquid bio soap and water in your wastewater tank at the same time and clean both at the same time. Remember to pour the wastewater mix down your sink at home and not down a roadside gully. It is a bad habit to get into because a lot of gullies do not necessarily go to a treatment works but into rivers and streams.

Must dash, heading up the West Coast of Scotland shortly (just in time for more snow).:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
We use milton but again, we dont drink the water:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Not sure why you would not drink the water as if it is safe for a new born, surely it will be ok for us older people shall we say, I am not saying i drink the water all the time but certainly do not refuse to:Confused:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
A previous thread you might to read.

Link Removed

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun