Cleaning fibreglass / grp roofs (1 Viewer)

poacher

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2008
Funster No
Hope I haven't missed the answer when 'trawling' previous threads :Blush:

Spent much of yesterday 'cleaning' the 'fibreglass' roof of the coach - well part of it anyway - can't rush these things !! :winky:

Am unable to use a pressure washer - no washing of vehicles on site! - so made do with "brush and bucket :Sad:
Most of the 'greenery' removed and the roof is almost white underneath :whatthe:

That said there is still a lot of 'ingrained' dirt - that would I suspect benefit from removal before lavishing new protection - if it were a car I would use a very gentle cutting compound before waxing - fibreglass gel coat I am not so sure

Some have suggested 'marine' polishes / treatments ?? - given their passion for grp hulls and bodywork

What do others with grp roofs use ??

Any suggestions for 'tackling' minor blemishes, scratches etc (where the gel coat is marked but not penetrated down to the matter, yet!)

Many thanks :thumb:

poacher

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I too have used Onedrywash , works well, managed to clean the van and get a shine on a Sunday morning, there was more green there than there was on Alan Titchmarch';s underpants.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi poacher

For cleaning fibreglass I have always used Farecla hull cleaner. Farecla was always the recommended cleaner by Auto-sleeper for their fibreglass bodies so think if they recommend it they made them years enough it must be good.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
cleaner roof

We used "Muc Off" on our truck came up like a new pin well pleased. :thumb:

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
Have you tried Link Removed?

I find it reasonably good for cutting the GRP section at the from of our roof.
It does remove the oxidization as well as green and black marks before polishing.
I also find it best to do small areas with silky & polish before moving on. A final polish over the whole area afterwards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back