Cleaning above windscreen

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by boroboy, Jul 27, 2016.

  1. boroboy

    boroboy Funster

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2013
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Teesside
    Is there a cleaning tool brush or similar to clean above the windscreen and below the top overhang of a Ducato/Boxer. I find it difficult to scrub the flies off in the middle. I've tried various methods but never get it satisfactory.
     
  2. DigglyDog

    DigglyDog Funster

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2016
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    32
    Location:
    Milton Keynes
    I use a redundant bottle brush left over from my wine making days...you do need to be quite tall though.
     
  3. Autowbars

    Autowbars Funster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2012
    Messages:
    499
    Likes Received:
    291
    Location:
    Yorkshire
    A car wash brush on an extendable pole, every one I have bought leaks like a sieve, but I just get on with it, on preferably a warm day, then get some dry clothes on!

    Did just that last Sat, inc roof.
    Legs ached a LOT on Sun tho.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Tea Bag

    Tea Bag Funster

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,150
    Likes Received:
    1,925
    Location:
    Portugal
    Hi.
    Another one for "Leaky carwash brushes".
    Tea Bag
     
  5. jenny and mitch

    jenny and mitch Funster

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    1,801
    Likes Received:
    1,556
    Location:
    Bungay Suffolk
  6. Badknee

    Badknee Funster

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2014
    Messages:
    3,642
    Likes Received:
    15,225
    Location:
    notloB
    If you have access to a small child in the five to ten year old age range grab him/her by the ankles and hang them upside down with a sponge, poor water down from the roof and get them to clean the front, easy peasy. (y):D:D:D

    Then when I got out of prison for child cruelty I bought a long leaky brush.:LOL::LOL:
     
    • Funny Funny x 5
  7. DuxDeluxe

    DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    Messages:
    9,336
    Likes Received:
    25,033
    Location:
    Planet Zog
    I think that @cruiser had a good solution to cleaning this difficult area; it did involve the use of several lengths of string and a reluctant Pomeranian. We never got to try the idea though..... it was vetoed on the grounds of cruelty.


    ..............to Cruiser, by Rose!! :p

    No Pomeranians called Thomas were hurt in the making of this post.........
     
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. boroboy

    boroboy Funster

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2013
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Teesside
    Think I might try the Pomeranian method, what marvelous advice you get from the funsters, , I never would have thought of that
     
    • Funny Funny x 3
  9. Badknee

    Badknee Funster

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2014
    Messages:
    3,642
    Likes Received:
    15,225
    Location:
    notloB
    I always say ask any question you like on here and 99% of the answers will be piss takes and shite but the other 1% will be pure gold not found on any other forum. (y)
     
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Diabalo

    Diabalo Funster

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2007
    Messages:
    1,966
    Likes Received:
    379
    Location:
    Rochester
    B&Q squeegee & sponge HERE
     
  11. ABZSteve

    ABZSteve Funster

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2014
    Messages:
    730
    Likes Received:
    802
    Location:
    Aberdeen
    Leaky extendable brush for me also although I tend not to connect it to a hose anymore, just dunk it in a bucket of water. I spray on the pink dirt devil stuff from ASDA first. Not always perfectly clean but does a good enough job without scrubbing off the paintwork.
     
  12. Scattycat

    Scattycat Funster

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2013
    Messages:
    828
    Likes Received:
    1,172
    Location:
    Mayenne, France
    Stand on the front wheels and lean across with wet sponge and a 'very' worn out abrasive kitchen pad. Failing that, . . . . . . . . .just leave it, it shows you actually use the van.
     
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. WynandJean

    WynandJean Funster

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2010
    Messages:
    2,366
    Likes Received:
    1,325
    Location:
    West Midlands
    I tried it last time on a rainy day (not too heavy!). Sounds strange I know but I reckon I didn't end up any more wet but noticed that it seemed to clean it better while being subjected to a sustained soaking.

    Wyn
     
Loading...

Share This Page